Chapter 10: Burning PokéSprits! Avrial vs. Kurt and Flannery make 5!

Pokémon Hoenn Adventures

Chapter 10: Burning PokéSprits! Avrial vs. Kurt and Flannery make 5!

Avrial woke up right at dawn with Lynn in his arms with the biggest grin on her face and a note near his bed. The note read: "Avrial come outside with only one pokémon. I need to talk to you for a second....Kurt" Avrial slowly got out of bed careful not to wake Lynn, Grabbed Treecko's pokeball and activated it. In a flash of light Treecko appeared in front of Avrial. Hey little buddy, sorry I haven't used you much....can you forgive me? Treecko just smiled and jumped on Avrial head. Thanks, come on Kurt wants to talk to us. Avrial said as he left his and Lynn's room quietly. Outside Kurt was standing in front of the Pokécenter with his Nuzleaf. "I'm guessing this is a test?" Avrial said as Treecko jumped in front of Avrial. "Yep, you and me, one on one, right here right now." Kurt said sounding serious as Nuzleaf starred down Treecko. "You ready?" Kurt said. "Yeah" Avrial said. LET'S GO!!

Treecko and Nuzleaf charged at each other. "Nuzleaf use razor leaf!" Kurt commanded. Nuzleaf flicked serial leaves at Treecko which he dodged swiftly. "Treecko use Bullet Seed!" Avrial commanded. Treecko stopped and fired a barrage of seeds at him causing his HP to drop to a quarter. "Not bad Avrial but can you handle this? Nuzleaf! Use Sunny Day!" Kurt commanded. Nuzleaf charged up a white Orb and fired it at the rising sun causing it the sky to turn the clouds a shade of pink and blue. "Now Use Solarbeam!" Nuzleaf charged up energy and fired a massive beam at Treecko. Just before the beam hit Treecko a Bright light shone around him enveloping his whole body and protecting him from the beam. "Huh? Treecko are you?" Avrial started to say as the light dies down. Standing right where Treecko was, was a taller grass pokémon that looked twice as tall as Treecko. "It evolved into a Grovyle now!?" Kurt said looking as shocked as was. Avrial quickly snapped out of it and said "Grovyle Use Furry Cutter!" Grovyle immanently responded, ran behind Nuzleaf and swiped him 4 times, causing him to be at a quarter of health. "Nuzleaf don't give up we got one more move to try! Use razor leaf again!" Kurt encouraged. Nuzleaf flicked several leafs at Grovyle causing his HP to drop to half. "Grovyle use absorb!" Avrial shouted. Grovyle fired a red beam from his mouth at Nuzleaf hitting him and dropping his HP to Zero, knocking Nuzleaf out and brought Grovyle HP up to a third. "Well Avrial you beat me" Kurt said as he called Nuzleaf back to his pokéball. "Just barely yeah If Grovyle hadn't evolved when he did That Solarbeam would have ended the fight." Avrial admitted as He called Grovyle back to his pokéball." Either way man you've won. I'm sure you'll do fine against Flannery today" Kurt said as he patted him on the back. "You think so?" Avrial asked. Kurt just nodded and said "Yep Maybe she really will join us. Your dreams been right so far and I wouldn't mine having a gym leader coming with us. I stopped by the Pokémart and...well take a look for yourself" he ended as he handed Avrial a poster. The poster showed a gym challenge ad for Flannery's Gym with her in the middle giving a thumbs up. "Wow she looks hot in this poster. Lynn showed me a picture of her face but...wow " Avrial said looking amazed. Kurt just chuckled and said "Don't let the girls hear you say that Avrial, they'll think we're perves." Avrial just laughed and said "I know Kurt. I love Lynn but still you can't say no to someone who looks like that." Kurt Just laughed and said "I hear you man I hear you, But I'd never betray Shane and I know you'd never betray Lynn and Kirlia." Avrial smiled and said "Yeah...wait Kirlia?" Kurt patted Avrial's head and said "I've seen those looks you've given her man. Your into her and she's into you." Avrial just smirked and said "Well what about you? Tia hugged both of us and I seem to remember my mom wanted to see you again." Kurt got wide eyed and said "You got me there. Maybe we should both be careful. You'd better get ready for the gym and give Flannery a match so great she'll want to join us. Avrial just nodded as they when back inside to get changed and too check on the girls. Unknown to them though Flannery was watching the whole match between them. She sighed and said "Traveling with these guys will be a good experience for me...their something special about the one with the black beanie. And the tall guy looks like the 2nd leader to me...well that settle it! Win or Lose I'm going with them. If I'm gonna go I'd better pack a few things! Get ready for the hottest battle your ever gonna have Avrial!" She said as she ran to the Gym.