Chapter 1 Being Back With No Direction

Effy's POV

It had been a great summer, with my best friends and my amazing boyfriend. We had toured Europe, all summer. But all good things must end I guess because now it was time to head back to school. Me and Ryder were sat in his car, the bell rang for the start of school ten minutes ago. I was straddling his waist and my head was positioned so that we could make out without our foreheads bumping together. That really hurt when that happened. Ryder pulled away.

"Do we have to go today?" I moaned. He laughed.

"I know, you can't tear yourself away from me" Ryder laughed. I kissed him one last time before climbing out the drivers side of the car.

"Yeah Lynn that's the reason" I snorted. He followed me out. I straightened out my uniform, it felt weird being in my Cheerios uniform again. It was a bit baggy, damn it I was losing weight again. For normal girls that would be a good thing, but not to sound vain I'm already thin and becoming thinner may be a health risk.

"Remind me to get a uniform that fits" I said to Ryder, he put his arm around my waist and we started towards the school entrance.

"So what do you think the first assignment will be?" Ryder enquired. I pondered that thought for a second and mentally stroked my imaginary goatee. It would probably be something like moving on, rebuilding as a team.

"No clue" I lied. He seemed to believe my lie. He stopped us at the door.

"As soon as we cross into the school we'll be juniors" he said cheerfully. Honestly he would make a better cheerleader than me.

"Really?" I asked tiredly. He shrugged.

"Just a fun fact" He replied. We entered the school and I did feel something changed.

"Fun?" I repeated.

"Fun to me" he retorted. I felt a great disturbance in the force. Ryder made me watch all the Star wars in the summer, another one of his so called fun qualities. I turned around to see what the disturbance was, I was answered seconds later by Kitty running into me and hugging me, followed by Marley going on about 'Junior year baby' and Jake just covering his face pretending he didn't know us, since he's all macho and all.

"Oh my god we're Juniors" Marley cheered, doing a little jump and turn.

"Why is everyone so happy about it being junior year? If it was senior year I would understand" I moaned. Kitty hit my arm.

"Lighten up it's the start of a new year and we're kind of national champions" Kitty growled. I laughed at her. The bell rang.

"Time for glee" Marley squealed, she burnt tracks down the hallway she moved that fast.

"You've got to stop letting her have sugar" Ryder said to Jake.

---------------------------

"New Directions" Mr Shue shouted as he and Finn ran into the choir room. We all gave a semi-enthusiastic yay.

"C'mon guys it's a new year and we're kind of National champions" Finn sighed. Mr Shue started writing with a squeaky marker on the board, the sound went right through me. He turned to produce the words New Beginnings on the board.

"You guys need to recapture the joy of glee, you need to know you're champions" Finn explained. I didn't feel like much of a champion.

"How are we supposed to feel like champions exactly?" Seth enquired, entering the room late and sitting next to Kitty. They kissed for about twenty seconds. Yeah that was new, Seth and Kitty dating. I wonder what their couple name would be Sitty or Keth? Lilde? Wynn? Anyway they were dating and they had no problem showing it.