TEN

x.

  —SAVANNAH was starting to get tired of being dragged off by the half-horse, half-man guy

—SAVANNAH was starting to get tired of being dragged off by the half-horse, half-man guy. She didn't even get to say goodnight to Leo before she was seated upon the centaur's back, claiming there was some pre-quest tasks to go over. The girl had to wonder why none of the others were included in these tasks. She could not imagine that it was because she was 'special.' ( Unless special meant vulnerable and weak. )

"Now, it is essential for demigods to be able to protect themselves against threats, especially when they go on quests. I highly suggest that we stop at the armory," Chiron told her.

Savannah opened her mouth to object, but he stopped her with a big hand in the air.

"I realize that you may be hesitant to feel a need for violence even if it is only to defend yourself." He smiled kindly. "I would expect nothing less, having a bit of Hestia in you. But it would ease my conscience, knowing you had something on this quest. I am ... concerned for this venture. As you know, you are not fully demigod, just barely enough to get you through the camp barriers, but it is clearly you who needs to be on this quest. I just ... please, do your very best to be careful."

Savannah scrunched up her face in discomfort. She had been thinking about her safety as well, considering she obviously wasn't the same as everyone else there. Her friends probably all had super healing abilities so they had nothing to worry about.

They eventually came to a giant metal shed. It looked like something you'd see on a farm or something. But one look inside and Savannah was sure that these campers weren't farmers undercover. ( Actually, she had seen people in the strawberry fields, harvesting the fruit, so that statement didn't quite ring true. )

Savannah stood frozen, not having enough will power to move inside. Forget what Julia said about the Ares cabin, this was the death trap!

"Go on," Chiron prodded her back and she shuffled forward. He stood in the doorway, and Savannah was grateful for if he also went in then there wouldn't be very much space left. She was feeling claustrophobic enough as it was.

Savannah quickly side-stepped away from the broadswords set up on the wall and gulped at the massive spears and axes. They made her incredibly nervous, and even being near one raised the hairs on the back of her neck.

The short knives didn't make her feel better either, they were just less intimidating, not less deadly.

Chiron wasn't providing much help, like he expected her to just choose!

She scoffed silently to herself. How could she choose when she wanted none of these things? She should just pick one at random and leave. Maybe 'forget' it accidentally when they left for the quest.