chapter four

We walked to the campus police station, which isn't a long walk my slippers squeaked with every step I took. "Aren't those the slippers I bought you for Valentine's Day?" He asked irritation in his voice. "Yes, I kept them. I didn't start wearing them until I got to college." I looked at my feet. We arrived at the campus station and placed our statements on the receptionist's desk.

"Place them over there please," She pointed to the desk with a pile of papers.  I looked around for the office that talked to me earlier. "If you're looking for officer Winston, he'll be back at about 6:00. I looked at my watch 5:47. Great I need to get back to my dorm before Zharia wakes up.

"Okay," I mumbled. I waited patiently, tapping my feet trying to distract myself. I looked at my watch 6:00. I looked at the door and he walked in. I exhaled deeply, in relief I began to become antsy. He was followed by Ricardo. I started to have an anxiety attack.

"Hello, beautiful." He spoke softly to me as if nothing had happened. "Uh why is he here?" My hands shook. "To see you, pretty girl." He walked closer to me. I jumped back and fell into the stack of papers. "Why can't you leave me alone?" I yelled at him. "Get out of my life!" I screamed. Jaheim helped me up. "You're a punk ass bitch. Who taught you to put your hands on a woman?" He said angrily. "Why are you worried? You left her here for me to have and to hold." Ricardo smirked at him then looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "He dumped you and left you so I swooped in and took you from there." Ricardo chuckled at me. He was somewhat right, Jaheim did leave me if he hadn't left me I wouldn't be in this predicament. But then again I didn't have to be naïve.

"Jaheim, let's go. We have a party to get ready for." I pulled his beefy arm. "Sorry, officer Winston." I whispered as we walk past them. Ricardo grabbed my hand and tried to kiss me. "Don't put your hands on me!" I screamed. I snatched out of his grasp and slapped him, leaving scratches on his right cheek.

Jaheim pulled my back. "C'mon Zinnia remember that party later on." He said trying to calm me down. We started to walk out, "He touched me." I whined out of the door.

We walked in the dorms, well I did he split off to go get ready for the party which is in an hour. It's 7:12 I'm not going to be on time I like to be at least fifteen minutes late, fashionable.

I walked into my dorm and flopped on my bed, forcing Zharia to arise from her deep slumber with an "ugh". "Wake up!" I shout. "What are we going to wear tonight?" I shook her. "You need to worry about what highlight and contour you're going to wear." She stress referring to my bruise. "Ma'am I have that department under control." I said pulling her hair.

She sat up and pushed me and we began to fight. Not going into detail, but we were pretty tired after the five minutes of rolling on the floor punching and pulling at each other.

I stood up and went to my closet and looked for something to wear. I snatch something simple out.

I go into the bathroom and look at my messy bun and unravel it

I go into the bathroom and look at my messy bun and unravel it. I big poofy Forrest fell over my face. I manage to part it and pin a few Bobby pins down to form a visible division in my hair and so it won't be in my eyes when I put on my hat. I was dressed and didn't care for my bruise anymore, everyone knew what happened and it's covered by my hair so, out of sight out of mind.

I walked out of the bathroom to Zahria fully dressed and she looked very adorable considering she's short with Pom poms.

"Aw aren't you the cutest thing," I cooed to her

"Aw aren't you the cutest thing," I cooed to her. "Uh shutup, I'm 20 not 6 ma'am." She put her finger up at me, causing me to laugh. "Shorts mighty high and short, Zinnia." She teased. "Shutup so are yours." I pointed. "Boys don't like me they like you." She pointed. "Pssh as if, only boy that likes me is Jaheim, probably not but still." I rambled.  She rolled her eyes. "Anyway, Donna's coming with us to the party." She texted on her phone. "Okay, she's on her way here right?" I asked. "Duh." She assured. I rolled my eyes.

In less than ten minutes, Donna arrived. Donna became our friend through a debate from freshman year. She's super pretty. Brownskin, long hair down her back, big brown eyes and not to mention the booty she has. Oh my god she has a huge butt and it fits her frame perfectly. Donna is creole and it's very obvious.

"Hey y'all," she greeted us. She looked good she loves dresses and skirts, of course she's wearing one.

"Yes, my girlfriend has came to my room" I smiled

"Yes, my girlfriend has came to my room" I smiled. "Don, you got on shorts right?" I asked. "Yeah, booty too fat not to have them on." She laughed.

"Alright y'all, let's take a picture so we can go because it's 8:35 and I wanted to be there at 8:15." I said leading everyone to the bathroom. We didn't take a picture we took about ten, then left.

We headed for the frat house, the sun was setting and we were all jittery. We love parties, I mean Donna usually stays in but we all love them. We heard the loud music and saw a few of the college kids outside. I was glowing with excitement and nervousness. I haven't had alcohol or been to a party since Ricardo. I honestly don't know how to act. Will it be fun? Will he pop up? So many questions flew threw my brain. They were all thrown to the side when we made it to the door. Everything went blank.