chapter five

The music was booming. I looked around and saw everyone dances, red solo cups in the air. It was so loud I leaned over to Donna and she had flown into the crowd. I turned to see Zharia dancing in the center of a hype circle. I shrugged and started to walk around. I made my way to the kitchen and found spiked punch. A freshman girl literally ran to the punch out of breath from dancing.

"Woah, this is spiked baby girl." I handed her a can of soda. "You don't wanna drink spike at a frat party," I assured her. "Thank you," she giggled nervously. I smiled and walked away with my cup. I found my way to the couch. I'm not a wallflower, more like the couch potato until I have a second cup of whatever this is. It taste good though.

"Hey there's Jell-O shots in here!" A guy yelled. I love Jell-O shots, I shot up off the couch and ran to the kitchen and smiled when I saw them. I started downing Jell-O shots.

I was on number eight and everyone was cheering me on. "Chug! Chug! Chug!" They cheered. I finished the whole tray of shots. I had a nice buzz flowing and then they started playing twerk music.

"I like this song," I laughed to myself. I went into the main room and started dancing. I felt someone pull me on them but I kept dancing. Me and whoever danced for three songs straight, until they played a slow song I was tired and my hair was even poofier from it being hot in here. I turned to him, I don't know who he is. I smiled and started to walk away. He pulled me back. "What's your name, shorty?" He asked me. "Zinnia." I smirked. "Oh my God, Zinnia? I thought you were a totally different girl. It's me, Ashton." He shouted, sounding like regular voice level though of course because of the music.

"Wow," I laughed. I hugged him, I never seen him outside of that orange apron. "You look nice," I complimented, "better than the orange apron." I laughed. We talked awhile and I got another drink. This is the fourth one tonight. After I talked to Ashton. I got a bottle of water to cool me buzz. I was still going strong until I smelled weed.

I followed the scent of the plant eventually finding Donna and Zharia. I popped in between them and took the blunt and inhaled deeply, exhaling through my nose. "This is good." I said making everyone laugh. I took another puff and passed it to Zharia. "Girl," she said inhaling "you haven't smoked since freshman year." She puffed out. "I know." I took the blunt back and inhaled deeply, passing it to Donna.I exhaled and a huge cloud appeared.

We smoked for about forty-five minutes I felt someone grab my hand. I followed them, curious on who it is. "Zinnia," they said getting my attention. "Hey Jaheim." I dragged out, I'm baked as a pie. "Never seen you cut loose like this." He joked while sipping from a Hennessy bottle. "Can I have some?" I asked. He looked skeptical. "Please?" I poked my lip out. "Okay." He passed it too me, I took two big gulps and gave it back to him. I took my bottle of water out and drank some. My blurred vision cleared up. "Came prepared, huh shorty?" He joked. "Yeah, had to." I giggled. I looked at him, he looked nice like he always does.