chapter twelve

I finally get to go back to class. I follow my usual routine of getting my day started. Today, I'm wearing a yellow spaghetti strap tank top and my flared jeans with my gold floral sandals. I flat ironed my hair, which is really time consuming, but worth while. I tended to my flowers and headed out.

I looked at the spot where I had been slapped down last week and felt where the bruise was. It's gone now but I still can feel it. I shrug my shoulders and smiled to myself and walked out of my dorm. I looked at my phone, 7:59. "Wow," I said to myself. Not many people are out on the campus, yet.

I went to the Cafe to see Austin. I say down and waited for Austin to come out, his shift starts at 8:15. I sat and waited, the girl that always says my name wrong brought me my usual. "This is on the house, welcome back, Flowers." She smiled. I smiled back and seen Austin walk in, my smile grew into an embarrassing grin.

"Zinnia?" He asked in utter disbelief. "Yeah, I'm back now," I stood up waiting for him to embrace me. It felt really warm and I haven't felt warm in a long time. "You look great, you look so bright and happy. How long have you been back?" He stepped back and looked at me. I smiled even more, "I just got back yesterday, I had to see you before I go to class. I am very happy, now." I sighed in relief. "That's good," he stared at me smiling. "Hey, Giselle called me Flowers instead of saying my name wrong. That was sweet of her." I drunk my frappe. Austin looked in disbelief, "Really?" his voice showed a sign of confusion. He looked back at Giselle, she looked back at him and stuck her tongue out. "You know she's really nice once you get to know her?" He asked a rhetorical question. I nodded as I looked at the clock, "Austin, I'm going to be late, I'll see you later." I stood up gathering my stuff. I smiled and headed for the door. "See you later, Flowers." He said as he went behind the register. I waved and smiled at him. 

When I got outside, Jahiem was there. Once again, I got that feeling like the Earth had stood still and I knew he felt it too. I stared and went the other way. "Zinnia," I heard him call after me along with footsteps. I sped up and tried to ignore him but he caught up with me and turned me around so I was facing him. "Jahiem,I'm going to be late, leave me alone!" I half shouted and snatched away from him. I basically ran to my class, it's lecture day and I actually like it. 

~~~~~~

I made it to class as soon as the bell rung. I was out of breath and on the verge of a panic attack, but I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. "Good morning Flower, welcome back." Professor Francis announced and I instantly smiled. I made my way around the lecture hall, we're in  different room today. "I missed you guys," I smiled really big, "Thanks for all the support and flowers that you all left me." I couldn't stop smiling. I went and sat beside Zharia, and tugged on her curls like I do every morning. I'm so happy to be back.