Prolouge

It was the same scenery but in a different day and in a different time. I sat on the park bench. This is were we used to meet. I can't help but remember the things he last told me.

================================================================================

We sat on the bench like how we always did. Today felt different though. The air seemed un-breathable. It feels like somethings wrong. What could it be?

This is where we like to hang out. The park. Its always peaceful and quiet. Perfect to have a picnic or a date .

Race and I were sitting on the bench counting how many dead leaves have fallen from the tree. Though the silence between us was uncomfortable. This doesn't happen much. It never happens. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something I shouldn't have said?

These are the thoughts that came to my mind. I wondered why.

Across us was a man selling balloons to kids and couples. He gave a pink balloon to a little girl for free. She gave him a smile and walked away cheerfully. I guess there is a bit of humanity left in this world despite its selfishness.

Race stood up and walked towards the man selling balloons. I didn't understand why he bought one for me but I didn't mind. I was so fascinated by the balloon. It has a very dark shade of blue just like his eyes. Those wonderful eyes. I can't help but feel lucky all of a sudden.

I decided to break the silence.

"Hey Race.. will you ever leave me?'' I said while starring at his pale face.

He didn't reply. He just stared directly in my eyes as if he wanted to say something he couldn't. I don't know what was going on anymore. He was acting really strange today.

Without a reply, I just stared blankly
at the grass when he suddenly spoke.

"I love you" he said.

He didn't answer my question. But again, I didn't mind.

"I love you too Race."

It was getting late so we both said our goodbyes. I didn't wan't him to leave yet so I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. Why do I feel like there is something wrong? I disregareed the thought and said my final goodbye.

Not knowing that this will be last time I will see him.

================================================================================

The tears started flowing out. I couldn't help it. I started to look around when I saw a very familiar face.

No. It couldn't be. I didn't want to believe. But if it was real. He is back.

Race is back.