Chapter 5

1st day

Its the first day me and Race are actually back together. As soon as I got up from bed, I was greeted by Race down stairs, he was wearing ripped jeans topped with a plain grey shirt with a bouquet of pinkish-white carnation flowers which I truly love. It was sweet of him to actually buy flowers for me, because in this generation, you don't usually see guys doing that anymore.

" Good morning Kait. " he greeted me with a smile.

" Good morning "

" Are you free today? " He asked

" Well I am but I'll have to ask my sister first. "

As expected, Kat barged in when she heard her name.

" What are you gonna ask? " my sister asked me happily.

I was about to answer her question when she, again, cut me off.

"Oh my! Are those carnation flowers?" She blurted out.

" Ah yes. They're for Kait. " Race said sheepishly.

I can't help but smile at his reaction. It just, makes me really happy.

" Back to what I was saying, Kat, Race was asking if him and I could go out today. " I asked.

" Of course you can! But can I talk to you for a minute? "

I nodded at her and quickly looked at Race, giving him a stare I know he'd understand.

Katrina dragged me to the kitchen and began asking me questions about me and Race. I told her everything. From what we talked about during our late night calls to when I actually answered Race.

She was shrieking in joy while jumping up and down. Obviously happy for us.

When she told me I was allowed to go out with Race today, I told Race to give me time to prepare myself. After I took a shower, I went to my closet to dress myself up. I got my favorite pair of ripped jeans and I chose a light grey crop top to match his outfit.

As I got down, I saw Race was talking to my parents, I stood there in silence. When they finally noticed me, mom came to me with hug.

" I'm so happy for you Kaitlyn. Now you go, and have fun with Race okay? "

She told me happily. It was as if they were expecting us to be together today.

I greeted my family goodbye and proceeded to go outside.

" So Race, where we going? " I said trying my best to keep away my smile.

" Somewhere I know you'd love. " Race said as he closed the car door.

After a 15 minutes drive, we stop by a place full of colorful lights and stuff toys. Looking around, I noticed that we were at a carnival.

I smiled, stunned by the beautiful scenery. I always wanted to be here.

" Woah.. this place is really beautiful " I whispered.

" Not as beautiful as you. " Race replied softly.

I quickly looked down to hide my blushing face.

He doesn't fail on making me blush in every way possible.

He held my hand and we proccedeed to the entrance of the carnival, surprisingly, there was no one but us and the staffs at the carnival.

Because of the rides, I forgot to ask Race why we were the only ones at the carnival. We went to our first ride, the roller coaster.

I have never been in one, but it looks extremely fun. We sat the very back, as Race suggested.

The roller coaster started going up and up and I suddenly have a bad feeling about it, when the ride was about to drop, I hugged Race tightly and screamed so loud to release my fear.

Race kept on laughing at me and saying that I was a scaredy cat. I held on to him the whole ride.

" Race I don't like carnivals anymore let's go home. I don't want to ride anything anymore. " I said fearfully.

" Don't be scared. " He said and then hugged me.

He caressed my hair. I can't say my fear has vanished because that would sound cheesy. But I could say that It helped.

We agreed that we'd skip the scary rides last because I'd have to gain my soul back from the roller coaster ride or in his words, 'save the best for last'.

We went to some booths where you'd have to win a game to get a stuff toy. I was amazed on how large the bunny stuff toy was at a booth. In just a second, I found myself in front of the booth just staring at the bunny.

The man who was in chargenof that booth and approached and told me the mechanics and rules of the game. I was about to ask Race to do it but when I looked behind me he was no where to be found.