Chapter 1- Someone New

Hayley's POV

"Hayley, what would you like for dinner my dear?" My mother asks.

"Soup and potatoes please, mother." I answer back. Her soup is my favorite.

"Okay darling." She comes over to me and hugs me.
"Mother?"

"Yes dear?"

"I have a question, can we go in a trip?" I ask knowing that she will say no.

"A trip? To where."

"Well, there is this huge ball in the kingdom to give thanks to the Princess, King, and queen that passed away a while ago." I twirl my curly hair in my hands thinking of how wonderful a party like that would be.

"Why darling, a ball is no fun, trust me I know. And it's just so far, you don't want to be that far from home would you?" She convince me.

"Well, I guess." I say looking down messing with my hands.

"When is the ball?" She asks me.

"In a few days."

"Oh I will be on a business trip that you can't come to."

"I could go to the ball by myself!" I try to persuade.

"I'm sorry honey, but it's a no. You'd best be kept here." My mother says before going back to cooking.

I look down and think, I really wish I could go. I've never really met anyone outside of the village I live in.

A few days later...

"Goodbye sweetie." My mother hugs me.
"See you soon mother!" I say before she leaves on her horse. It's just me here now. All alone.

I decide to go pick some berries. Something my mother would never let me do, but she's not here so who cares?

I walk through the forest on the search for some berries and look at all the flowers. They are beautiful.

"Hello." I hear a manly voice above me. I look up to see a man on his horse.

"Oh, um hi." I smile.

"What is a beautiful young lady doing out her in this forest?" He asks.

"Well I'm just picking some berries."

"Ahh okay. Well I guess I should be on my way." He starts walking.

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?" I ask him.

His horse stops and he turns towards me.

"I'm Ryan." He holds out his hand.

"I'm Hayley." I shake it.

"Hayley, hmm, you seem so familiar."

"Familiar?"

"Oh yes, the princess was named Hayley."

"Wow, that's pretty cool. Hey, do you know how to get to the kingdom near here. I heard there was a ball and I would love to go. But of course my mother wouldn't let me." I look down.

"I say, you should go do whatever you want."

"My mother is going to be gone for a few days." I mention.

"Then I will take you to the ball and I will bring you back before your mother gets back." He holds out his hand for me to get on his horse.

"Oh, I don't know, if she finds out that I lied, she would kill me!"

"Hayley, I swear to you that going to this ball is the best decision you have ever made." Ryan smiles at me and I smile back.

"Oh, okay." I say before getting on his horse.