Chapter 7- They are Alive

I keep hugging my sister and look at the beautifully framed painting of my family.

I look down and miraculously spot a piece of paper under a dresser. I unleash from Annie and grab it.

"It's from our mother." I say before we run to Caleb's room.

"Caleb! We found a not and its from mom!" Annie runs up to Caleb.

"It was under my dresser." I say before he motions me to hand it to Caleb.

"Dear my beloved children, we are alive. The evil witch is going to take us. Your dad and I are in Hayley's room when the witch took us hostage. Hayley is alive too. Please know that we love you and want you to be safe. Please take care of each other. Love mom." Caleb reads out loud with a tear rolling down his cheek.

"They're alive." Annie says whispering and breaking down onto Caleb's bed. "They have been alive this whole time?!" She yells, upset. Caleb walks to his window and looks out to the kingdom.

"I can't believe this." I cover my face while crying.

"That's it. Ive had enough of this witch. She took you away and now our parents. I will order the guards to search for them." Caleb walks over to me hugging me.

"We will find them, don't you worry." He comforts me. Annie joins in.

"I love you guys so much. We are in this together." Annie says.

"I have to go now. You guys will stay here. I can't let you two be in danger again.

"Caleb, we are coming with you." I say with a determined face.

"I can't slow that, Hayley. I love you too much to let you." He holds my shoulders.
"This is our fight too. Besides, my powers are no match against hers."

Caleb sighs and looks down. "I'm sorry, I can't let you guys come." Caleb says before walking away to tell the guards.
Annie starts following him.

"Where are you going?" I stop her.

"Sometimes Caleb can be overly controlling. He needs our help. Come on." I follow her to her room where we change into more comfortable clothes. We get cloaks that disguises us so that no one will stop us.

"Wait, how are going to get there?" I ask.
"I have some horses in the stable." She says before putting her cloak on.

"Okay let's go. We have to be fast and efficient because they are probably already out there." Annie smiles at me and I smile back. "Oh Hayley, I love you so much. Now let's go get our parents back." We start running out and down the stairs. Annie leads through the castle. We end up out side.

"Okay guards," we hear Caleb and pause, "we have to get my parents back. This witch is powerful, but I believe that we can do this." He says before we see them ride off. The sky is still dark, but the rain stopped.

Annie puts her hood on and covers her face. I do the same. I follow her to her stable.

"Hey piggies! Here's some food." We hear Katie giggle and play with her pigs.

"Oh no." I whisper. Annie attempts to open the gate to the horses but it's really loud. Katie stops.

"Hello?" she asks before walking around and sees us. "Annie, Hayley. What's going on?" She asks, confused.

"Kate, please don't tell anyone." Annie says walking towards her best friend.
"It depends. What's wrong?"

"Our parents are alive. The witch has them. Caleb won't let us go with him and the guards to find them, so we are sneaking away. Hayley's powers are so useful. And, it's our fight too."

Katie looks shocked, but she shakes it off.

"Can I come too?" She asks.

"Fine, please be safe." We get the horses ready and start riding. This is going to be hard.