Chapter 8- Defeated

We ride the horses on the out skirts of town, trying not to be noticed by anyone. After a few minutes we reach the hill over looking the kingdom.

"Okay girls, we can do this." Annie says before we leave to the cave that we were stuck at. We quickly ride for an hour before we start to heartiness and men whispering.

"Shh." Katie says while getting off of her horse and as close as she can to them without seeing them. We try to over hear their plan.

We hear them walk away towards the caves and Katie comes back to us.

"They are going to get as close to the witch as they can then go at her with bows and arrows and swords. Or something like that. It was hard to hear them." Katie says.

"Oh no. That won't work." I sigh.

"Okay, Katie, you hide behind something with a shield and help anyone that is wounded. I'll take Hayley closer to fight her. When Caleb sees you I will try to stop you so I will stop him." Annie forms a plan.

"Okay let's do this." Katie says before we walk quickly towards them. We reach the cave opening where we already see some men down and others retreating.

"Now guys, go!" Katie says while I put my hands up which is hurting the witch.

"Hayley! Annie! I told you not to come!" Caleb yells while he comes toward us.

"Caleb stop! I know you are mad and you didn't want us to come, but it's for the best. Look at the guards! They are dyeing! Hayley's powers are the only thing that can stop this! This is our fight too!" Annie yells and Caleb looks at us with sympathy.

Annie's POV

"UUUUAHHHHHH!" The witch yells while being struck with Hayley's powers. The witch starts to die when random beams of light shoot off of her and hits some guards. I look at Hayley with fright then at Caleb. Right when I look at him he is hit in the heart with a powerful beam of light that is coming off of the witch. Tears start streaming down my face and I'm in shock.

"Caleb!" I let out a grueling scream. I fall towards Caleb and lift his head on my lap. That's when Hayley falls. She looks pale and worn out. She tries to lift up her hand to finish off the witch but she's out of power. Something sparked in me. It's like a fire has been lit and I'm burning with rage and I'm ready to fight back.
I scream and all the powers inside of me are forced out and goes at the witch with rage. The witch falls and turns to dust. She is defeated.

After I realize that I am okay, I look at my siblings who are on the floor weak and helpless. The sight of them stops me and I kneel down crying with joy, anger, sadness, and love. Who knew the so many emotions. Could be expressed at once. I keep crying for their lives. Something rushes inside of me and then leaves. I see light and magic in the air it enters Caleb and Hayley's body's which brings color back into their skin. They look alive.

"Annie." I hear Caleb's voice. He sounds okay and healthy. "Thank you." He hugs me tight. Hayley hugs us tight.

"I love you guys. I never want to let go." Hayley says softly while crying a little bit.

I look up and suddenly two people magically appear.

"Look." I say with wide eyes.
It's our parents.

They really are alive and the witch did have them kept hostage.

We run to them. We interlock in a hug filled with love. They are okay. I am okay. We all are okay.