Chapter 3- Magic?

We walk through the woods and I look at all the breathtaking scenery.

"The flowers are so beautiful!" I say to Ryan. "So what do you do out here?"

"I just love exploring the outdoors. The scenery is beautiful and seeing new places is just so exciting."

"That seems like an amazing way to spend your days." I smile at him.

"So what do you like to do?" He asks me.
"I haven't really tried lots of exciting things, but I do love to bake." Baking has always been my passion.

"What is your family and friends like in the kingdom?" I ask.

"Well by brother and sister are very nice. By older brother, Brennan, loves to do sports. While my sister, Katie, loves gymnastics. As for my fiends, I grew up with the royal family. The king, Caleb, was like a big brother to me. I look up to him. Calls sister, Annie, is my sisters best friend. They do everything together. While Hayley, she died long ago, but she was like my best friend." He says to me and I look at him in awe.

I've never had family for friends besides my mother and just hearing about them makes me happy.

"Oh, I just love hearing about this. I can't wait to meet everyone."

"Look, some berries!" Ryan spots. We stop and pick some to snack on. When we were almost done, we hear a noise.

"What was that?" I ask. It sounded like wood tearing. Suddenly a huge tree falls. It almost squashes us when I put my arms up to stop it. A white light beams from my hands and stops the tree in midair.

"Woah! How are you doing that?!" Ryan yells.
"I don't know!" I use my talent and toss the tree aside.

"Wait, is it like, magical powers or something?" I look at Ryan who has a shocked, confused face.

"I have no idea, but that is so cool!" He looks at me smiling.

"Try doing something else!" He says.
"Um okay." I point to my bag that I dropped and it magically lifts from the ground and comes right to me.
"Wow." I look at Ryan smiling. "This is amazing!"
We spend and hour just messing around with my newly found powers.
"Okay Hayley, we should go now." Ryan says. It's starting to get dark.
We keep riding for a little while longer. We decide to stop since it's now pitch black outside.
We spread out our blankets and set up the fire.
We finish off the last of the berries that we picked and lay on the blanket looking up at the stars.
I look over at Ryan who is smiling.
"Ryan, I just want to say thank you." We look into each others eyes.
"For what?" He laughs.
"This, has been the best day of my life. I did something adventurous and different. I got to spend the day with you. I found out that I have magical powers too!" I laugh with him. We both lean up, still looking into each others eyes. I quickly hug him.
"Thank you too, Hayley." Ryan says.
We look at each other and smile. We lay back down and gaze at the stars once again.
After a while I look up at him. "This is like a fairytale."