Chapter One ~ Truths and Lies

Please remember that this story is currently under editing, so if some of the chapters are written in different styles it's because I have/have not edited the chapter yet.

Thank you!

*Golden Freddy's P.O.V.*

Hopelessness. That feeling of hopelessness. Worthlessness. Despondency. All of those feelings falling to the category of negatives ones.

It claws at your heart. It makes you stop and think, What could I have done differently? I ask myself that everyday. A different ending.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with what I am - a friend to Mangle. Nothing more than that. Which, that in itself hurts.

But hearing the two of them make out... Ugh. It fills me with disgust. I have nothing against Foxy, the guy himself is overall awesome. But, he told Mangle he did things that I did, that I deserve credit for.

Of course, I lack a spine to say anything about it. Because in Mangle's eyes, I'll always be a friend. So why take credit anyways?

Alas, things change. Maybe Foxy would come out, maybe not. "Patience is a virtue," they say. If you have enough of it, things might go your way.

I guess patience payed off for me.

Mangle seemed rather mad this morning, and something in me told me to go speak to her. As I walked up to her, she seemed to notice my presence and shifted a little. "Goldie." She muttered flatly.

"You appear to be in a bad mood." I tilted my head. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy," Mangle answered. She looked at me. "Can I ask you some questions?"

"Fire away."

"Remember when I was broken down and everyone was saying Foxy fixed me?"

"Uhuh."

"Why did he take your credit?"

I froze. Then slowly spoke, choosing my words carefully. "I... don't know."

"I feel like you're lying."

"Vulcans do not lie."

"Did you just quote Star Trek? And last time I checked, you're a bear, not a Vulcan."

"Aww, way to crush my dreams."

Mangle let out a soft chuckle. "You're welcome. But.. did you fix me?"

"...mhm."

"Why?"

"Because you're prettier when you're not a mess."

"Did you just compliment me?"

"You sure like to ask a lot of questions."

Mangle crossed her legs, looking away pouting. "Whatever!"

"Haha, is Mangle pouting~?"

"Now you're asking questions?!"

"You just asked one."

"Jeez. I can't win with you, can I?"

"Yet another question. And nope."

Mangle groaned, but a soft playful smile was there. "Piss off you big dope."

"Since when was I a dope?"

"Since the time you tripped and knocked over Freddy, attempted a table flip but you ended up flipping yourself, and when you made me fall on you."

"Oops."

But I was smiling. A genuine smile.
Mangle made me smile.