Chapter 14 ~ New Hope

~~~~~~~~
Mangle's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~

I had told Goldie about one of my thoughts.
"Huh. Smart. But, are you suggesting that me and Mangie have to beat Nightmare at separate times? It makes no sense." He says.
"Think of a new bad guy. Who would keep them safe, if you weren't around anymore? Mangie, of course! She's more than capable." I retort.
Goldie rolls his eyes.
"If she dies, it's gonna be on one of us." He snorts before walking away.
"If she dies, it's on you!" I yell without even realizing it.
He stops dead.
And I freeze, realizing what I had just said.
He turns around, his sharp teeth suddenly scaring me, not to mention I have my own.
"Are you saying I want Golden Mangle dead?!" He yells angrily.
"No!" I snap, "But it seems logical you'd be held accountable for not protecting her!"
A tear slides down his cheek.
"This is useless." He mutters before walking away, not wanting to argue anymore.
I was stressed.
Vincent was dead, and I yelled at my boyfriend. I couldn't hold back the tears as I rush after Goldie.

~~~~~~~~~~
Golden Freddy's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~

I bolt into my office and shut the door.
I sit in a corner and look down, thinking about what I had said during the argument.
I hear knock on the door. Not reacting to it, Mangie comes in.
"Hi Dad," she says softly, "I found something."
"You did?" I ask, looking up.
She was holding a magnificent black cat.
(Picture up top).
"Woah. Look at that cat!" I say.
It meows happily.
"Can we keep her?!" Mangie begs.
"Alright, fine. She's yours to keep, Mangie."
"Woohoo! You hear that?" Mangie says to the cat.
She nods.
"Thank you, Dad!! You're the best! What would I do without you?!" Mangie squeals, hugging me.
She runs out with the cat in her arms.
I chuckle. That lifted me up.
I walk to my desk and look at the battle map, thinking of ways to defeat Nightmare.
Nightmare Bonnie, who had very recently joined our team, walks in.
"Hey," he says, "I think I know how to beat Nightmare."

~~~~~~~~
Mangie's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~

I run up to Golder.
"Look what I found! Dad's letting me keep her! Maybe we could share her?" I ask.
Golder pets her soft fur.
"Sure!" He says, "But Mangie, I need to talk to you in private.."
"Sure. Lemme go put this cat in my room, and we'll think of a name for her later." I say.
I zip away, drop off the cat, and bolt back.
"So! Whaddya wanna tell me?" I ask.
"I- uh... Oh god, how to say this... Well... Mangie.... Let's just say, I've had feelings for you, but I wanted to keep it unnoticed in hopes of them dying down. But, they actually grew, so..." Golder trails off.
"Golder. Confidently, I can say I feel the same." I mutter back.
Noticeably, we were closer than usual. I slightly blush, and unfortunately, I was worse than Golder.
Soon, we were nose to nose.
I'm being shy right now...
I couldn't believe what was about to happen...

~~~~~~~~
Mangle's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~

I was swinging my way after Goldie. I was rushed, I wanted to apologize for everything I said that hurt him. As I was making my way, I noticed something that lifted me up right away...
Mangie kissed Golder.
Quickly and quietly, I slip passed them on the ceiling, not wanting to bother them.
I enter Mangie's room, which was a room you had to go through to get to Goldie's office, unless you teleported with him or went through the secret passage.
"G-Goldie?" I ask.
"Mangle... I'm sorry." He mutters.
"No, I should be sorry. I thought you would be careless if Mangie died, and I know I'm wrong. Speaking of which.. I think we have two new lovers." I say.
"Golder and Mangie?" Goldie guesses.
"How'd you know?"
"It figures," he replied, standing up, "After all, they're not the only couple."
He grabs my hand and pulls me close to him.
I blush, and I press my nose against his.
We kiss, both of us willingly.

I love you, Goldie...