Chapter One (2)

*Mangle's P.O.V.*

Life is strange.

People often react "commonly" to things, as being scared, they scream, yell, run, etc. Which is animatronics find weird.

But, we're animatronics. Robot furries, more precisely, but that's besides the point. We don't "feel", not like what I had felt for Goldie was love, or I thought it was.

Maybe it was programming. I was programmed to love that golden bear. I was programmed to spontaneously give random birth to Golden Mangle. Who knows? I'd hate it if that were true.

The desk that I sat idly at was a bit dusty. The lamp shade focused on what I was writing on. The room was deathly quiet, which wasn't normal.

I let off a deep sigh I didn't know I was holding back. Life wasn't strange, it was uneventful. Sinister Nightmare was nothing more than a minor setback.

Setback to what, though?

Even if I had openly let the blue female fox, Karma, in, I still had my suspicions. Where had she come from? Maybe I was wrong to have my suspicion on her, but still.

I got up, suddenly overcome by utter boredom. This world cannot just be one death, one big fight and boom shit's good. That can't be the case.

I refuse to believe that's the case.

As I step outside, Freddy is hectically running around, telling other animatronics to do this or do that. It was re-arrange day, which was quite stressful, and Freddy offered to lead it since I was busy enough with Karma and interrogating her.

"No, no. Put the plant over there. Yes! Like that exactly! Thank you Chica."

I walked up to him. "For saying you're a good time manager, you seem to be doing rather... bad... timing for when things should be moved." I commented, my hands behind my back.

"Oh, hush. This is a lot more crazy than I thought. You have no right to talk smack at me." Freddy replied.

"But I do. I am your leader, Freddy."

My point came across because Freddy went silent. Ha.

Though, I'll give Freddy the fact that he kept everyone busy. Even Karma, the shy fox, was laying on the floor next to Balloon Boy drawing.

"You do keep everyone busy well enough though." I add in.

"Is that good or bad?" Freddy turns his head towards me and tilts it.

"I would assume good. Though I guess it depends on the situation."

"You give such ambivalent answers, you know that?"

I laughed slightly. "I've been told."

Freddy went back to watching everyone work, letting me drift away in my thoughts. They immediately went to Goldie.

Do I miss him? Of course I do. That's probably why I feel so empty. Or maybe the fact he died the same time Golder and Mangie went missing.

Maybe Sinister Nightmare was a bigger threat than we thought. But that can't be, they vanished long after him.

Maybe it was Karma.

I mean, she arrived just two days after they went missing. Maybe she's a test. Maybe she's a spy(lol TF2 ref y'all). I wouldn't know.

I will find out.

Whatever it takes.