Chapter 6

The next Friday at school me and Ty were talking about our plans for the weekend.

“Well tonight I have to go to dinner in Fayettvile with my mom and her mom.” I moaned. I wasn’t exactly close with my grandma. She didn’t like me either though, apparently I was a disappointment?

“Want me to come?”

“No its fine it’s going to be boring.”

“No I want to come if that’s ok with your mom.” He stated.

I texted her and asked.

My mom picked us up at school and drove us all there.

When we got to the restaurant we walked in and found my grandma sitting at a table.

“Hi.” I greeted her with a fake smile.

She looked at Ty startled. She didn’t know who is was because she wasn’t around much during the funeral and stuff.

“This is my boyfriend Ty.” I grabbed his hand.

“Hey.” He said politely.

“Oh.” She laughed looking at my mom.

“What?” I asked frustrated.

“Nothing.” She looked like she was disgusted.

What the hell was that about? Ugh this dinner was a mistake. My mom told me I needed to visit her even though she knows we don’t get along.

I yanked Ty down in the booth with me.

The waiter came for our drinks.

“I’ll have a glass of chardonnay!” I said as everyone else ordered water. I needed the alcohol.

“Alison!” my grandma exclaimed. “She will have a water.”

I was starving. I ordered pasta.

When it came I started eating it to keep myself from not talking the bitch across the table from me. I lost count of how many nasty remarks she made tonight. One time sheeven said something about me having low standards and then looked at Ty who just looked down probably as frustrated as me. Was it bad to want to punch your grandma? She wasn’t even like the nice, fresh baked cookies kind of grandma. She was fat, smoked, and bitchy. I don’t understand why she was so mean, it wasn’t like I could say anything good about her.

“Your still a little pig aren’t you Alison? Look at you putting away that pasta.” She laughed.

Seriously?  Her fat ass just said that to me? I had enough of her. I dropped my fork and walked to the restroom.

I kneeled in front of a toilet. Was I really getting fat? Was I really a pig? I did something that was way too familiar to me. I made myself throw up.

Leaning over the toilet panting from throwing up everything in my body someone leaned picked my hair up and started rubbing my back.

I flushed the toilet and turned around. It was, of course, Tyler.

I broke out in tears. I was doing so good about not vomiting.

Tyler brought me up in his arm trying to hush me.

“Do you know how much it hurts to get called fat after all I went through? I lost all that weight! I hurt myself for years trying to be skinny.”

“I’m so sorry.”

I sat on the counter. I hope he realized that he was in the ladies room… luckily no one is in here.