Imagine # 2: Newt

Your Pov

I watched as Newt worked, he stood up and lifted the hem of his shirt to wipe sweat away. Exposing part of his torso, I could've swooned. He began to turn towards me but I pretended to be busy helping Gally.

"C'mon (Y/N) could you be anymore obvious?" He asked chuckling. My cheeks turned pink.

I looked over to see Newt staring at me, he gave me a smile and a wave. I gave a shy wave back. Gally looked up at me, and shook his head. It had been a year since I had arrived in the box, and I had a crush on Newt. It slowly developed after I was attacked by Ben.

I stood in the heat of the sun, sweat dotting everywhere. I was ready to be done for the day. I looked up to the sky and groaned, I returned my attention back to my work. I heard rustling in the bushes not to far away.

"Hello?" I asked. No response just more rustling.

I rolled my eyes figuring it was one of the others playing a prank on me. I was a usual target.  Dropping my hammer I strolled over to the bushes. Just as I had made it Ben lunged out and tackled me to the ground. I let out a scream. He grabbed my throat and began to choke. He was too strong. In a few short seconds he was ripped off me by Newt. Gally and the others following. I was shaking as I moved back away from the scene. The boys grabbed Ben. Newt stood up and walked over to me.

"Everything is alright love." He said and helped me up. He wrapped me into a hug.

"(Y/N)!" Gally said waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry? What is it?" I asked embarrassed.

"I said the others came back and we can head out to get something to eat." He said.

"Alright, sorry." I said and he walked off.

**

I sat outside in the Deadheads. I closed my eyes trying to think back to my memories before the maze.

"You alright love?" A familiar voice said. I opened my eyes to see Newt.

"Yeah, just thinking." I said. He sat down next to me.

"About what?" He asked.

"Before the maze." I replied.

"You know, I have one memory before the maze." He said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I was in this dark room and then there's this big screen like thing. There were two people up on the screen and they-" he cut himself off.

"And they what?" I asked.

"I can't remember what it's called." He said chuckling.

"That's too bad, at least you have a memory." I said. Silence fell upon us for a few minutes.

"(Y/N)?" He asked turning more towards me.

"Hmm?" I responded.

"May I try the thing they did?" He asked. I blushed and nodded. He faced even more towards me.

He cupped my right cheek and leaned forward. My breathing hitched. He closed his eyes and I followed. His lips connected to mine, it was soft and sweet. He pulled away.

"Kiss." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's called a kiss." He replied. "And I think I am going to kiss you again."

He leaned in once more and placed his lips on mine.