επτά-seven

"Watashi wa mou kekkon suru koto ga dekimasen!"

I won't be able to get married anymore! She kept repeating those words over and over again like it's some kind of mantra. If she's that afraid to not be able to get married then she should stop saying it all over again or Kazumi, the god of wishes and dreams, might hear it and misunderstand that IT is her wish from the bottom of her heart which is not. There are rumors that he is kind of cuckoo. They said that for how many years of granting wishes he became confused discerning which wishes are asked from the bottom of their hearts and which is not. I don't completely understand why. Ruka tried explaining it to me but I only understood a gist of it.

*sniff*sniff*

Sigh. I looked at her way. She's on my left, pretty far away from me more than an arm's length distance. It's a good thing there are only a few people here on where we are right now. I can't really say where we are since this is my first time coming in this place. Well one thing is for sure, this place is still not able to recover from that war 5 years ago.

"Natsume you idiotic *sob* insensitive jerk!" I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up you overacting childish polka dotted panty woman!" We glared at each other then looked away at the same time.

"Hmp!" She stomped right ahead of me leaving me behind. "Pervert!"

I snorted. "A woman with completely no taste in underwears." I mumbled, smirking. "And besides it's not like I felt THAT on my lips earlier. Is THAT thing really on here a while ago?" I said with full of innocence like I really don't know anything that happened earlier while touching my lips. I stole a glance at the side catching a few women stealing glances at me making them blush.

She stopped walking. I continued to speak while taking a few steps toward her and stopping beside her but still maintaining the arm length distance."I swear it felt flat and hard like a plywood."

"Wha- H-how dare you!" She quickly covered those lumps with her arms. Her face clearly showing her shock and embarassment. Now we're even. "Fo-for your information they are not that small! They are just the right size!" she retorted not even looking straight at my face.

"Oh really? I really thought it's a plywood." I replied with full of sarcasm.

I saw her slowly loosing confidence as a woman. Though I felt bad, my anger just makes me keep on saying unpleasant things to her. Seriously?! After she shouted at me like that earlier and slapped me on both cheeks and it hurts like hell! I even wonder if this is going to be a hand shaped bruise? Who wouldn't be mad at that? And it's a big embarassment for a god to be laughed at especially by lowly humans.

She half turned to my direction and gave me a glare. I saw her eyes slightly glisten. "Tsk." Okay maybe I went too far.

Her lips started to tremble. I felt my chest tighten making it hard to breathe. Seriously this girl's gonna kill me. How many times does she want me to feel this way? This strange feeling which I don't understand.

What is this feeling? I wonder why do I feel this conflicting feeling of wanting to surrender and wanting to fight? Is this pride? Is this what Ruka often tells me? The feeling of wanting to apologize?

I opened my mouth to speak but I wasn't able to say anything when a pang of pain suddenly swept all over my body. "Shit!" I cursed in my head.A human body is really weak huh. This must have been from the impact earlier. The stony ground we fell on earlier didn't help either. If only I'm in my godly body that would have been nothing. I reached my left shoulder and gently massaged it.