Lonely

I sighed tiredly and flopped down onto the bed. It had been a long day and I was about to pass out any minute. I forced myself to get up. Ugh, I still have to remove my blasted makeup!

I trudged to the bathroom and started washing off everything on my face. After washing my face I cuddled up with all my pillows and lay there thinking about the man I just killed today.

Yes, I am an assassin and kill for a living. With a few years of training with the other assassins and training with my mother, I quickly rose to the top and became one of the most successful assassins. When my mother died five years ago,leaving me orphaned... Well, life had to go on and I had to find a way to survive didin't I?

Thinking about my mother, my vision blurred and I wiped the tears away. I sometimes still thought that she was with me. I could still remember how her eyes would form a crescent moon shape whenever she laughed, her little quirks and mannerisms, her hot-tempered self. I shook the thought away. I would not and could not cry, I had to be strong.

My eyelids grew heavier and as I was just about to float away to Dreamland, I heard the most beautiful music floating through my window. It sounded like all the joy and sorrow in the world, I felt it washing over my whole body,enveloping me in its embrace. It felt like home.

I suddenly didin't feel tired anymore. I felt a tug in my gut that told me to follow the music. And well, even though it was a rather stupid idea the music was irresistable. I HAD to find out where the music was coming from.So, I grabbed my hoodie, slipped it over my dress,not bothering to change and disappeared into the night.

I walked along the streets searching for the source of that beautiful music. I came across a group of boys dancing, all except for one, who had his back faced to me.

At the sound of my footsteps, he turned around and asked me with a smirk gracing his lips, as if he knew something I didin't. "Are you lost?" I stood there hypnotised, unable to make a sound.

Seeing my dumbfounded look, the boy merely chuckled and said" No worries, why don't you go dance?"