Peter Pan Bribes Me With Food

The walk back to the camp was silent and peaceful, for the most part. No demon kings popping out from behind bushes, no monsters jumping out to attack us, no trees trying to smush you into a pulp...

We arrived at my hut, where we stood outside in an uncomfortable silence for what felt like an eternity. "Good night, then." Peter was the first one to open his mouth. "Good night to you, too." As soon as I got that out of my mouth, I shot off into my hut without a backward glance.  When I peeked through the window to see if he was still there, I was slightly disturbed and a little pleased if I do say so myself at a dumbfounded Peter Pan staring at my hut door before shaking his head and flying off, to god knows where. 

"He's not that scary, you know, Jade." A voice came from the shadows of my room. By instinct and habit, I got into a fighting stance while calling out, "Who's there? " 

"Whoa girl, easy there. " A deep chuckle and Felix stepped into the light.

I immediately dropped my fighting stance. "Stupid bastard. You scared me. " As if I wasn't scared out of my wits already after my latest encounter with Peter Pan. Confusing as hell. 

"It's true, you know. He only turns on the I-am-your-leader-obey-me-or-me-else mode or his I-am-a-monster-grr-you'd-better-be-scared-mode on when he's threatened, or when he's hella angry, which actually doesn't happen that often. "

"Am I really that irritating, Felix?" I lifted a brow at his implied meaning. 

"Not to me, you aren't, darling." He waggled his eyebrows while cooing in a sing-song voice. 

I grumbled, shedding clothes along the way to the changing room, looking foward to changing into some comfy pajamas. "Leave now, or do you want to see me in all my naked glory?"

He wrinkled his nose in distaste. "No thanks, I'd rather not scar myself for life, thank you very much." I stood at the entrace of the changing room, hands on hips, tapping my foot. "Well, why aren't you leaving?"

"He rolled his eyes. "Just close the door, Jade, and I'll wait outside. I promise I won't peek." And with that, he flung himself onto my bed, rumpling the sheets and knocking a pillow to the floor. I sighed to myself as I closed the door. Did this boy know no shame?

It was rather endearing, I guess, to see usually stoic Felix relax and laugh around me after months of coldness and distancing himself from me. He was the only Lost Boy that hadn't warmed up to me, even after a few months. Peter Pan nearly killing me had changed his perspective of me, I guess. 

Speaking of which, what was I going to do about that boy? He tried to kill me, and nearly succeeded, with Felix saving my ass in time. That night had opened my eyes to the other side of Neverland, the side that was dangerous and cold, where your life could end in a blind of an eye. And even worse, this place was ruled by a lunatic that had some serious anger issues! 

But, I had grown rather fond of this place; of the food fights during dinner time, of the huddling around campfires, of the camaraderie and friendship that I had found here... And of Peter Pan too. The boy was  a mystery in itself, sometimes having a split personality, one part being warm and boyish, the other part cruel and unforgiving. It gave me a headache just to think about it. 

He had shown me kindness, giving me a home to stay here, although his methods to convince me were a little... harsh. But I had ended up liking it here. He taught me many things, and was my friend, brother and mentor. He also helped me fit in, and eased me into my role here in Neverland. 

And, not to mention I needed his help with Asmodai. Sigh. What's a girl got to do?

"Felix? You still there?" I made my way back into my bedroom, only to find him still sprawled under my covers. "Yah! Get off my bed, I need to ask you something."