Slipping Grasp

Alex's POV

There's only one person I could think of to go to, and I ran there, as fast as I could. I burst down the door.

"Shadow where have you put her!" I shouted, storming around the place.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," She said, lounging on the couch, "But if I were you, I'd check the pool." I ran out back, and stopped dead. I couldn't move, couldn't breath, all I could do was stare at the two faces in the pool.

"Alex," The words sounded cold and meaningless coming out of Clara's mouth, "Here to save your demon?"

"Clara," Was all I could muster. Clara was standing on top of the water in the pool, in a scarlet dress that billowed around her. It was tight fitting, and Clara would normally never wear something like that. She was gripping Amy by the hair, with Amy looking helplessly at me, standing on the water too. It was looking at Amy's face that brought me to my senses.

"Put her down Clara," I said warningly, "I don't want to hurt you."

"Does little goody-two shoes want his precious little toy back?" She said tauntingly.

"Clara, this is not like you. Just give her to me, and no one get"s hurt!" I was getting nervous, Clara was never like this.

"But I want to play with the toy!" She said, and in one fluid motion, she smashed Amy violently into the water by some unseen force. Amy screamed, and then started thrashing around frantically, trying to push against Clara's new-found power. I used my own, trying to pull her up, but the weight of my power was no match for hero own. I lost my grip of it, and the force blew me backwards. I smashed against the sliding glass door, and scraped against the floor. I opened my eyes weakly, and Shadow was looking down at me and smiling.

"Is something a problem?"

"How did you get her back."

"The devil can do anything." She replied, looking me square in the eye.

"Help Amy." I begged, please."

"You can only help Amy by swearing her to the devil." She said. I managed to struggle up. She looked at me, with a glimpse of glee on her face. Instead of the yes she expected, she got a fist in her face. She flew back from the impact, but she was still standing. She spat a mouthful of blood onto her once clean floors, and turned her face to me slowly. 

"Oh, you shouldn't have done that." She said slowly. Suddenly, I was surrounded in a blue light, and lifted from the ground. The ball was turned around, and I was facing Clara.

"Clara, what are you doing!" I shouted. 

"Just doing my purpose." She said.

"This is not what you're supposed to do! I'm your brother Clara! Help me help Amy. Please." There was no spark of recognition in Clara's eyes. They were just cold and hard. Suddenly, a soaked Amy came into view. She looked at me, with her big brown eyes, like a scared child. 

"Amy!" I said. I tried to burst the bubble I was in, but I couldn't. I cursed myself over and over again in my head for not being strong enough. Suddenly, three ravens started circling Amy. She looked down at them, and then back at me.

"This has to happen." She said, "Let me go."

"Amy!" I cried again.

"Let me go, Alex." She said, "I love you." Suddenly, she started sinking into the ground.

"No Amy!" I said, using power I never even thought I had. The bubble fizzled and disappeared, and I managed to just catch Amy's hand. She was only a head and a shoulder now.  The rest of her was in a huge gaping portal. 

"Let me go Alex, this has to be done. I realize this now."

"No, it doesn't. I've lost you too many times, I can't lose you again." 

"My father's calling me," 

"Amy this isn't you. This is some sort of spell, or something. The real Amy wouldn't go down without a fight."

"Let me go!" She shouted, looking at me as if I were a stranger. She yanked her arm out of my hand, and sank into the floor completely before I could get her. I sat there with my head in my hands, not even caring if they killed me anymore. I had failed, Amy had gone to hell. Tears poured out of my eyes.

"Oh wow, big strong Alex is crying." Shadow taunted, standing in front of me. I looked up at her, my face full of rage. Her face was full of satisfaction.

"Can I at least have my sister back?" I said, barely containing the anger boiling inside of me.

"What?" She asked, a bit startled. "It's over darling, you've lost."

"No." I said, getting up, "It's not over until Amy and Clara are safely in Heaven with me." 

"They both belong to the devil now. You can't do a thing about that darling."

"I'll find a way, I said, backing her up into a corner. I held her neck, "I swear to you, Shadow, I will find Amy if it's the last thing I do. And I will find a way to make Clara remember me, and her life in both Heaven and Earth. And then I'll come after you. Mark my words Shadow, for they are the start of your ending." I turned my head and found Clara right behind me. She didn't realize I had seen her, and with that moment of surprise, I knocked her out with my power. 

"What are you doing?" Shadow exclaimed.

"I'm taking my sister back." I said, letting Shadow go and picking up Clara. I then walked away.

"I could kill you right now!" Shadow shouted from behind me. Without even turning, I said,

"You're to much a coward to try."