The Beach (Chapter Four)

Grace's POV

            The words 'for my wife,’ echo around in my head and a broad smile finds away to spread itself across my mouth.

            "Did it really make you that happy that we're going to the beach?" my husband says, a smile now slowly spreading onto his mouth.

             "Well, yes, but it's more the fact that I can finally be called your wife," I reply, walking toward him lust now in my eyes. Obviously he sees it and rushes forward, his hands grabbing the sides of my face, his lips crushing against mine. Together we tumble into the bedroom, falling onto the bed. Our clothes are everywhere and he hovers over me, passion in his eyes. He plunges into me, growling "I love you," with each thrust.

                                                                        ~

            We sit in the car, our hands joined, on the way to the beach. Sam hums gently, a beautiful tune that I am obviously familiar with.

            “You know, I’m not your summer girl anymore,” I tell him, frowning at the memories of our difficult past.

            “I know,” he replies, something unknown shinning in his eyes. “If it makes you uncomfortable, I can stop.” He takes his eyes off the road for a second to look meaningfully into mine, than turns back to look out the windshield. He rubs his thumb against my hand with so much love that I feel the tears that are pooling in my eyes will begin to fall in long streaks down my face.

            “No,” I answer. “You don’t have to stop. Whatever makes you happy makes me happy.” He must have heard the emotion in my voice because again he takes his eyes off the road to look me. His beautiful golden eyes miss nothing as he takes in my expression.

            “Don’t cry love. Our memories don’t matter, only the present matters. When I call you my summer girl, I don’t say it revoke the bad memories, I say it with love and meaning. I fell in love with you in summer, and you will always be my summer girl. Please remember that. You know I love you with all my heart and I would never do anything to hurt you.”

            That did it. Finally the tears that have been pooled in my eyes spilled over.

            “Oh Sam,” I say through the tears, madly wiping at my face. I cannot believe my emotions have betrayed me like this.

            “It’s okay Grace, you can cry,” he tells me, and cry I do. I don’t understand why I am so emotional. I almost never cry, or let my emotions get the best of me. I get myself under control by the time we reach the beach, so we exit the car no problem. I grab the umbrella from the back, and Sam takes the two chairs we have brought to lounge on. As we walk along the sand, I take in the wonderful beauty of the ocean against the clear blue skyline.

            “Sam, this place is truly beautiful. Thank you for taking me here.”

            “I’ll take you any place your little heart desires Grace.” I nod in acknowledgement, and continue the quiet walk down the lovely beach. Finally, we pick a nice little area near the water and settle down.

            “Sam…,” I say, in a tone that suggests I want something.

            “Yes Grace?” he answers, a little bit of irrational fear entering his voice.

            “Would you be so kind as to apply sunscreen to my body?” I ask, taking off my slightly see through cover-up, only to expose my extremely revealing blue bikini.

Relief then shock floods Sam’s face as he answers in a slightly strangled voice, “Of course.” I lye down on my lounge chair, my stomach pressed hard against the material, and watch as he struggles to find the sunscreen. When he finds it, I undo the string keeping the top half of my bikini on and laugh as he walks into the pole of the umbrella.

Seeing his slight erection I tell him “Down boy,” through my laugh.

Finally noticing that he is in a very public place, he seems to get himself under control. At last, he reaches me and begins applying the suntan lotion. His hands feel good as he massages it into my back, kneading out my knots at the same time. I never knew he was so good at massaging. I’m going to have to get him to do this more often.

“All done,” he declares as he ties back the string of my bikini top. I find myself frowning, it felt so good. He gets off me and goes to put back the bottle.

“So what’s the plan for today?” he inquires as he sits back on his lounge chair.

“Well,” I begin, “I’m going to probably tan for 30 minutes while you’re getting us lunch, then I’m going to tan again for about 15 minutes, and after that I guess we’ll go swimming for awhile.”

“Sounds very… fun,” he answers, his expression telling me it doesn’t sound very fun at all.

“You can think what you want to think, but I’m going to start tanning now. So go and get us lunch, and something well proportioned,” I advise him, hinting at this morning’s egg disaster.

“Alright, alright, I’m going.” I close my eyes and listen to his footsteps fade away as I drift into unconsciousness…

Hope you guys liked it and also don’t hate me (: I’m going to be updating again today from Sam’s POV. Till next time

~ Janelle <3