Chapter 6 Parade Day

Jessica's perspective

"Hey Jess. Are you ready to go" asked lucy.
"Yeah. Let me get a change of clothes" I said.
"Ok hurry up. Your going to be late" Lucy said.
I walk into my bedroom and grab a change of clothes and walk to the car.
"We ready" I asked.
"Yeah."
I pull out of the drive way and head for school. Lucy is really scared of see her parents at the parade. I would be to.
"Hey Jess. If I go to court and try to Get a new home, do you thing your mom will take me in? I mean it's if I go to court but still" said Lucy.
"Of course. My mom loves you and thinks of you as a daughter. Besides it would be nice to live with my best friend" I said smiling.
"Good. Because I think of her as a mother figure" she said.
"Lucy, I love you so much. Your like a sister to me. I wouldn't let anyone else take you away. We're family and always will be" I said.
"I love you too" she said crying.
"Don't cry! You know that if you cry I cry harder" I say on the verge of crying.
"I'm going to go to court on Sunday. Will you come with me" She asked wiping the tears away.
"Of course. I'll be there" I said.
"Wow. We're here already" she said.
"I guess so" I said pulling into the parking lot and parked the car.
"I'll see you after the parade" said Lucy.
"Of course" I said and walked into the gym.
As I am walking to the gym I'm stopped by Ivy. She's starring at me like I killed her family.
"Yes Ivy. What would you like now" I said.
"I want you to stay away from Jason. He's mine" she said.
"Good for you but I don't see your name on him" I say.
"Well he'll be mine soon" she said.
"He doesn't like you that way. He rather be friends with you than date you" I said.
"Like you know. You don't know him like I do" she said.
"Jason and I have known each other since we were kids. Our parents were friends since high school. And Our family's have been there for each other for ever" I say.
"Well that doesn't matter" she said.
"Nothing matters to you" I say and walk to the gym doors.
"I'm not done with you" Ivy said.
"I am" I said and walked in the gym.
Scarlet and Paige walk up to me smiling.
"Are you excited" she said.
"Yeah. Lets get ready" I say.
"We are. But you aren't" said Paige.
"Girls get over here"yelled Scarlett.
I was dragged to the locker rooms and they forced on some clothes that I never seen before.
Once they're done they walk me in front of a mirror and the shirt has a basketball, a pool, and a volleyball on it and it is surrounding words that say: TEAM CAPTAIN. I'm also wear short shorts, knee pads, and Goggle's on my head.
"Guys this is so cute" I say.
"Thanks. Jason came in yesterday and gave us the shirt. He said it was for you and that it was a surprise. It was very sweet of him to bring it over" said kp.
"Yeah. It was" I said smiling.
"Anyway let's get to coaches truck. She's waiting for us there" said Paige said.
"Ok Lets go" I said.
"Thank God we have more than one car to Get to the parade" I thought.

Jason's perspective

"Hey Jason are you ready" asked Trevor.
"Yeah. Lets go" I said and hopped into the back of a truck.
"So are you dating someone yet" asked Trevor.
"Why do you want to know" I asked.
"Because I've known you since the first year of high school and you never dated someone. You got to like someone right" he said.
"I got my eye on someone" I say.
"Who is it. Is it Ivy" he asked.
"Not even close" I said.
"Is it that girl you hang out with. Ummm.... What's her name. Jess or is it that other girl, Lucy right" he said.
"If I tell you Will you tell anyone" I asked.
"No. I don't do that Shit" he said.
"Jess" I said.
"I didn't think she was your type. I thought you liked girls like ivy or something" he said.
"No. She's a jerk at times and I don't like that."
"Awwww. Are you talking about your love" asked Brian.
"Shut it. Why don't you tell Trevor who you like" I said.
"I'm good. Besides you might find out on monday" Brian said.
"Might" I said.
"Anyway. Who do you like Trevor" asked Brian.
"No one right now" he said.
"Well. Anyway, does anyone know what the we are going to do with the truck. I mean decorating and stuff like that" I asked.
"No. Not really. I heard someone made floats for the parade but that might be a lie" said Trevor.
"Maybe. But that would be really cool for people to make a float for us and the rest of the sports team" said Brian.
"Yeah It is. But Who would make floats for the parade" I asked.
"Well, Lucy and Jess always love helping out But would they have time for that" asked Trevor.
"Depends. Jess could have hired someone else to make the floats" I say.
"I think she could have done it if she did it a couple of months ago" said Brian.
"But still. Why would she make floats. Is she creative" asked Trevor.
"On certain thinks. But your right. Why would she make it" I asked my self.
"Guys look" said Brian pointing at something.
I look over to where he's pointing and there are indeed floats.
I get out of the bed of the truck and walk up to one of the floats.
"Who made these" I asked.
"I did" said a familiar voice.
I turn around and see Jess and her team.
"Why" I asked.
"Last year we decide to make floats and started to make them 2 weeks ago. It was hard but we all were in on it and got it done" Jess said.
"Wow. They look amazing" I said.
"Thanks" she said and smiled.
"How do you get on" I asked.
"There'll be a step ladder" she said.
"Ok. I thought it was you some how" I said.
"I mean I do like to make things" Jess said.
"Jason, the coach wants us" said Brian.
"Ok. Bye Jess" I said.
"Bye" she said and we walked away from each other.

Brian's perspective