Chapter 5: The Search For Bravery

"So we're just supposed to wait here until something happens?" Beast boy remarked.

As he finished his statement, Rude and Passion passed out. Luckily Starfire and Robin were standing next to them and caught them. Nearby they heard a large thump. "What was that?" Starfire gasped.

From where the group stood they spotted a pale hand sticking out from behind a boulder. "Raven?" Robin exclaimed in alarm. As Beast boy approached her, Rude and Passion seemed to evaporate.

"Oh, why is Raven so injured?" Starfire quaked. On top of the injuries Raven had already taken note of, the Titans noticed that her skin was paler, if that was even possible.

"W-why are you guys here?" They heard the softest voice behind them. "It's very dangerous and Raven's weak and she may not be able to send you back and if you guys get hurt it will be all my fault-" The gray-cloaked Raven, Beast boy recognized her as Timid, bawled. "She needs help but this is too difficult and I can't do anything, Rage is too strong..." Timid sank to her knees continuing to speak softly and rashly.

"Timid, it's not your fault and we know that." Beast boy explained as Starfire carried the main Raven over to Timid.

"Yes, Timid? We chose to come here to help and we will stay as long as it takes." Starfire added.

"Raven, believe us when we say we are here for you. We all will get through this. Just tell us how we can help." Robin concluded.

Timid's eyes were brimming with tears as she looked up. "But if Rage isn't stopped, you all will be trapped here forever. You'll hate me forever..."

"Come on, we never hated you and we never will. This wasn't your fault! And who said we won't win? Raven stopped the end of the world once, what says she won't stop this?!" Beast boy exclaimed in excitement, trying to rally Timid on.

This stopped Timid from crying and voicing her worries for a little bit. She managed to stand on her own as well though she looked as if the slightest breeze might knock her over. "Do you know what's wrong with Raven?" Robin inquired.

"Knowledge would know, I think. But we all seem to be weak and I need Brave to get her attention..."

~~~

Another night had passed without incident. Cyborg had slept in the infirmary to keep an eye on Raven's condition. The first time he left was for breakfast, which he made quickly.

What the...?! Cyborg thought. His wide eyes narrowed in concern as he looked over Raven's body again. I leave for five minutes and her condition worsens? This can't be because of the anesthetic, it's not strong enough... Raven's skin was almost transparent and her heartbeat was erratic.

What's causing this? Cyborg ran through the symptoms in his head. It's almost like she doesn't know how to take care of herself, but that's not-"OH!" He exclaimed aloud. Once he connected Raven's behavior and remembered what he woke up to (missing team, creepy magic mirror), everything made sense. Sometimes even smart people can be a little slow on the uptake.

~~~

"So, from what I understand, we are interacting with Raven's most raw of emotions?" Starfire asked Robin. The group was traveling again, searching for Brave. Beast boy was seemingly trying to comfort Timid as they walked while Robin explained why what just happened with Timid had just happened. Starfire was carrying Raven in her arms with ease.

"Yes, that's what I've deduced."

"Oh, we'll never find Brave at this rate!" Timid's voice carried back to them, despair dripping from the statement.