Chapter 7

We walked home most of the time listening to Kenzie talk. The rest of the time we were making jokes about what Kenzie was talking about. Kenzie pulled me into a tight cuddle when we came to the Leaon's turning. "Bye Mason! Bye Evie, sweetie, call me later!" I nodded at her while Damion roughly ruffled my hair shaking hands with Mason at the same time. When they had left Mason turned to me and spoke, "I'll walk you home." We walked down the path in a warm silence. Occasionally glancing at each other resulting in my cheeks flushing. When we reached my house and I swung open the gate which Mason then closed behind him softly. We stood at the door and I reached into my pocket retrieving my keys. Mason placed his hands either side of me on the door. I twisted my body around in shock I stared at Mason memorized in his beautiful eyes. He pushed his lips against mine. Then he let his body fall pressing his body against mine. I felt myself melting into the kiss. I closed my eyes and I felt our noses touching. I heard a crunch in the gravel as my auntie pulled up in her car into the driveway. Panicking I pushed Mason away gently. He stroked my neck he moved away from me. We watched as my auntie stepped out of the car her hand hovering over the back door handle. I began to stress knowing that if that door was to be opened my embarrassment of a mother would stumble out. Aunt Mia's eyes met mine and connecting with Mason's she jolted her hand away. My Aunt walked towards us. When she approched us she turned to Mason. Smiling Mason offered his hand to my Aunt I stood holding my arm nervously glancing at the back of the car. Aunt Mia shook Mason's hand, "Hello. You new round here then?" She asked. Mason looked at me as though he wanted to be introduced. Judging by the look Aunt Mia's face she was wondering why a guy was stood outside with her niece too. I gestured towards Mason "Auntie Mia, this is Mason. He has just started Bostan High School. Today he had his introduction to the school." My aunt glanced back at the car. " You have a accent. So where are you from?"
He pointed behind him. "Me and my family just moved from Leeds my mum got a job and she found a good house."
"Do you happen to be in any of Evie's classes then?"
"Hopefully! Spending time with Princess over here sounds fab." He answered cheerfully I looked away from him attempting to hide my blush. Noticing that I was blushing Mason laughed teasingly his head tilted up to the sky. My aunt looked at me grinning. "I'm going inside. Nice meeting you Mason." Aunt Mia pushed open the door going inside leaving me and Mason alone. I turned to Mason rolling my eyes he placed a finger under my chin holding it up to look at him the corners of his mouth were curled up a little. The smile spread across his face knowing he was the reason behind my blush. He kissed my chin tugging a strand of my hair. His lips tickled my ear as he wispered. "Bye Princess." Then he jogged off his hair bouncing wildly. I stared after him as he became a small dot at the edge of the street the door swing open behind me I whipped around wide-eyed. With a small smile engraved on her face stood my Auntie Mia. She spoke bubbling with laughter. "Princess... Oh God Evie he is a real Prince! You kissed him too... Oh Evie!" I winced knowing Aunts Mia had witnessed everything. "Okay he calls me Princess I'm sure he just forgot my name!" That just set her off into fits of uncontrollable giggles. I walked up to the car and gripped the back door handle I peered into the window. My mum lay on the seats fast asleep. Aunt Mia spoke calmly to me no longer laughing. "We will have to carry her up because she will want to sleep. I was gonna keep her for a bit longer at mine to save you some hastle but I had an old roommate wanting to stay at my flat. Would you be okay with her or I could ask Nana to come over I doubt she will but if you want I could really beg her." I shook my head at her. I desperately wanted Nana to come and help me but I knew it wasn't going to happen. She made that clear the day mum started to get drunk. The week that Dad left us.
The TV downstairs sung happily normally I would be dancing up and down the frount room to the 'Adventure Time.' theme tune but today it was like the house was dead. Nobody was dancing. Mum was in bed in her pyjamas still and Nana was asking her to come out of bed. My mum was crying the tears falling out of her eyes like a waterfall. Nana stopped talking and she stopped cradling my mum. She asked me to go downstairs and the door slammed behind me at once voices screamed angrily. I could hear the argument from downatairs. "Stop feeling sorry for your self you are being selfish Matilda. What about Evu you need to start being the adult not the child stuck in bed." I heard a sharp scream . A painful noise that filled the house. A scream of pain, loss, and anger. The door opened and my Nana stamped down the stairs clutching her bag. She stroked my head her fingers getting caught in my hair. I smiled up at her her eyes a soft brown like mine and my mother's. She blew into my face and I turned away hugging her tightly. "Grannyma why doesn't Daddy gome and ask Mummy to love him again anymore." She turned to the window. "That is for your Mother to tell you baby girl. I am afraid I can't look after you any longer as Mummy isn't very happy with me. I'll ask Auntie Mia to look after you but I can no longer be around the house. I will talk to Aunt Mia and when it gets better I will come back but not now my sugarlump." I walked to the door watching the red car drive away confused I shut the door the house feeling empty.
Aunt Mia placed her hand in my arm. " You need me to stay?" Her eyes were etched with concern. "No I'll be fine can you help me get her into bed though?" Aunt Mia nodded as she slipped her arm under her waist. I grabbed her legs and together we hoisted my Mum up the stairs. We reached the room and my Aunt carefully lowered my Mum into the bed. A drowsy voice growled and seconds after her head dropped back onto the pillow. I hugged Aunt Mia her perfume wafting through my nose. I confidently smiled at her trying to look as convincing as possible. "See you when you can. Send me a text later then!" I watched as she walked out hoping she would turn around sensing my desperation and tell me she was going nowhere but she didn't. I looked out of the window as she drove off away from the house. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it bleeped.

New number
Heya Princess👑. Damion gave me your number hope you are ok with that! How is her majesty?😂
I smiled I guess the nickname is pretty cute. Hurriedly I texted a reply my fingers gliding over the keyboard in excitement .
FairyGodmother heya! Guess I have no choice about the number thing.😂I'm k how about u?
He replied instantly which brought a smile to my face.
I'm diddlelytoo!😊

My phone buzzed again and I received a text from Kenzie.
Hey beautifulx❤
Watcha dooing?
And what was that earlier on by the lockers?!?!😜😘😘
I wondered what to say to her the truth? That we kissed. But he hadn't said anything about dating yet. I texted her a reply.
Hey Lovelyxx💝
Me and Mason? We kissed. He hasn't said he likes me so I dont know can we talk tomorrow? We need to talk face-to-face about this like propper! Slap Damion for me he gave Mason my number! 😠
Xx💖😜😘😘😘
I laughed as Kenzie sent me a video of her slapping Damion. Upstairs there was a loud bang and a shout.
"GIVE ME A DRINK!"
I got up knowing I had to face her at some point.
...........................💗💗.......................

Author's note :
Hello munchcabboas. Hope you liked that chapter I cant update for a while I'm afraid as I'm going throug one of them times where I can't do anything as I'm so busy. I'm moving trying to find a house and I hardly am sleeping hope my few people understand I just don't want my nice people to be sad! Hopefully soon I can reveal a secret for a character as I want to give one secret at a time. Would you guys benefit from Mason's point of veiw? I want to know what you think first!