Chapter 1: Introduction

Ooookay! New multichapter story is up. My first one too. There will be two or three chapters uploaded each week. The whole thing is already written so there are no worries for discontinuation. Feel free to ask anything that you don't understand about the story or tell me about anything that will bother you in it. Here we go!

10 years ago...

"Mother!" A blue haired girl shouted as she ran to her mother.

"Levy honey. How was the movie?" The woman asked.

"It was amazing! I loved it. I'll definitely be coming to watch it again next week. Are we going to find daddy?" Levy seemed really excited as she gave one of her brightest smiles to her mother.

"Yes, he'll be finishing work soon so we'll go by his office."

Mother and daughter walked side by side down the street. It was a summer night, rather warm outside too; the lights of the shops brightened the streets of the big city they lived. At the end of the street, Levy looked over to the sign. 'Thomas Mcgarden. Lawyer'

Levy let go of her mother's hand and skipped to the door. "Daddy, we're-" She stopped in her tracks and the smile on her face vanished as a terrified expression took its place. She saw her father's lifeless body lying on the floor, a puddle of blood surrounding him. She screamed as her eyes poured with tears and her mother ran to her. She had the same reaction but she walked over to the husband and hugged him.

Levy then saw a shadow in a dark corner of the office. She could distinguish a figure standing there, looking at them, clearly the one responsible for her father's murder. Levy was standing there frozen, sobbing, as the man started walking forward. She gulped and her mother turned to look at her daughter.

"M-mommy." Levy whimpered before the man stood behind the kneeled woman and sliced her throat, her blood splashing on the floor and her dead body joining her husband's. Levy fell to her knees and took a last glance to the figure that was now coming towards her. She was old enough to realize that was the end. She had no one left and she was alone. The last thing she saw was the man walking past her and then everything turned black.

After that night, Levy stayed a couple of days in the hospital and then she moved in with her grandmother in a small town, a couple of hours away from the city. Its name was Magnolia. That would be her new home. She was the only living relative she had left, after her parents' death and her grandfather's who died a year ago. Her grandmother said it was better this way; that he died then. His heart wouldn't have taken the loss of his daughter.

Levy Mcgarden, 15 years old. Orphan.

From then on, Levy spent most of her time at home, keeping company to her grandmother and having only her books as friends. She would read every kind of book that caught her eye in the bookstore. But her favorites were the ones that her mother, as a writer, had written. She would keep the prototypes as treasure in her drawers and read them again and again.

Levy also got into university and became a teacher. She immediately found a job at the only school in town and she got to work as a teacher at the kindergarten department. All the kids that spend the year in her class, left with happy memories and with 'Miss Levy' in their hearts.

She also got a few friends, maybe the only ones she got since that day. Lucy, a middle school teacher, was her very best friend. The two knew from the first time they met that they were going to be inseparable. Then, Cana and Mira, high school teachers, and Lisanna, also a kindergarten teacher.

The last thing you need to know about Levy Mcgarden is that she was incredibly smart. She, one day, stumbled upon some of her father's papers and discovered that he wasn't a simple lawyer. He was an investigator in an organization called 'Fairy Tail', trying to uncover the secrets of some kind of mafia group called 'Phantom Lord'. He was apparently trying to find a weak point in their plans so that the spies would take them down. He was murdered because he was discovered.

From that day on, Levy decided to discover her parents' murderers and bring them to justice.

Gajeel Redfox. As some people would describe him, Metal head, was a kinda poor kid who grew up without much but he never asked for anything more. He lived with his father until one day, when Gajeel was a teenager; he vanished without even a word. Since then, Gajeel forgot everything that his father had taught him and got into bad groups. Stealing and beating people became his work and hobby.

As the years passed, he decided that this was not the right thing to do. That with every person he beat, he would lose part of his soul. But it was already too late. He was 18 years old when he moved to another city and started over, leaving his old and horrible life behind. Fortunately, there was an old man that showed him the right path, and Gajeel was smart enough to follow it. He was really good at fixing all kinds of things, especially those that included metal constructs. Gajeel found an abandoned building and made it his home and workplace.

Income followed his hard work and he was soon the best at what he was doing. Until then, he believed that his life would go on without up and downs, living simply without worries or concerns, just him and his cat, Lily. Until a certain car broke down right in front of his garage.

First chapter! The second one will be also available! Hope you bros enjoyed. if you did, go ahead and leave a review and a favorite. See ya in the next one!