Chapter 4: The date

Jeez, this chapter was a pain in the butt. My brain was completely turned off while I was writing this. I know its kinda boring, but the story will catch up at the end of the next chapter. Anyway, read away!

Levy, with the help of Lucy, the master of make up and clothes, got ready for her, so called, date with Gajeel. She wore a simple dark grey dress that reached right under her backside; her hair was braided to a bun and a pair of black high heels to add some inches to her height. While she was dressing up the question of how she would reach their date since she didn't know where it was, popped in her head, but she forgot about it on the way.

When she was finally ready, the clock ticked ten minutes before eight, so she plopped on the couch and waited, thank goodness her grandmother wasn't there, or else she would have flooded her with questions. Then the picture of Gajeel being introduced to granny came to her mind and she blushed at the thought of him meeting her family. Family. That cursed word made her eyes water up a little. She would like it much more if he got to meet her mom and dad.

A knock on the door startled her. She wiped her tears and readjusted her dress as she walked towards the door. She opened a little, just to see who it was, and that particular person left her dump stuck. Levy opened the door fully and smiled, scanning the figure before her. It was him. He had come to her.

"Evening Shrimp." He smiled, offering her the rose he was holding.

"Good evening to you too." She laughed at the kind gesture. She examined his clothing, which was nothing like what she was used to seeing him in every day, and his face and arms that were free of marks and grease and at last his hair, which were less wild than usual.

"How did you find where I live?"

"A little bunny told me." He smirked at the riddle.

'Bunny?' She thought but let it slide.

"So, shall we get going?" He stroked the back of his head.

Levy rushed and grabbed her handbag from the couch and ran to the door once again. The two headed to Gajeel's car, silver jeep, and Gajeel opened the door for her. He reached his hand for her to hold and help her get into the tall car. He walked over to the driver's seat and started the engine that roared and the car ran smoothly.

"Y-you look good." He stuttered without removing his eyes from the road. He did that so that she wouldn't see him blush, but that was already impossible because she was also looking the other way to avoid the same thing.

"That's very kind of you. Thank you."

Along the way, Levy hadn't noticed where they were going, so when he stopped and parked she looked confused. "What are we going at your garage?"

"We're not going to the garage but my house. It's on the first floor." He pointed at the apartment above his shop.

"And what are we doing at your house?" She was now concerned. That was their first date and he wanted to get her in his house? Is Gajeel just one more of those guys that take advantage of girls? No! He is different.

"We're going to have dinner. Didn't I tell you I can cook?"

"You're going to cook...for me?" 'I knew he was special!' She thought and cheered. 'No one has ever done anything like this for me.' Her heart raced fast.

The two walked through the garage and entered through a back door that led to a staircase, which in turn lead to the door of his house. 'A gentleman always walks behind the lady when they're climbing stairs, so he can catch her if she falls.' Those were Juvia's exact words and he did as she instructed. He unlocked the door and held it open for Levy and gestured for her to walk inside.