Chapter 5: Coincidences

"So, how was your date?" Mira asked curious during a break. "Where did you go? Did he kiss you? You went to a private room after that? Did he stay until morning?" She flooded her with questions.

"Mira! One at a time!" Levy said.

"Relax, I was only asking a simple question."

"It was not just a question. There were hundreds of them falling like rain." Levy blushed.

"Denial. Something happened, am I right?" Cana appeared behind the bluenette, scarring her.

"No...yes! No, I mean...something happened but not what you think." Levy was getting redder.

"How was it? Tell us everything!" Cana and Mira sat comfortably opposite to Levy.

"I thought I said 'not what you guys think'! He actually wanted something to happen since he tried to kiss me but I wasn't ready. We agreed on dating some more before moving on in our relationship." Levy explained.

"Ouch. Our Levy is harsh." Cana scoffed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, for once he showed to you that he was interested and you let him down. Taking things slow is a good idea for a first relationship, but be careful of too slow. He might get bored and leave." Mira explained.

"He...might leave me?" Levy's eyes watered. The thought of one more person, well especially that person, leaving her made her scarred.

"No, no Levy. We didn't mean it like that. It's in your hands to keep him close." The two girls tried to calm her and dried her tears.

"Oh, Cana, Levy, I just remembered. Laxus called a plumber to fix the broken sinks in the boys' bathroom." Mira said, walking inside the school, Cana and Levy trailing her.

"Laxus?" Mira called.

"Oh hey. He's here." The headmaster of the school, and Mira's husband, stood next to the bathroom door.

"What the hell are those brats throwing in here?" The plumber said from inside. Levy found the voice oh so familiar.

"You know how kids are, cuz." Laxus joked.

"Hey! Shut it!" He said once again.

"Gajeel! Watch your language! This is a school!" Mira scolded the man.

"Alright, you freakin' demon." Gajeel exited the bathroom, holding his toolbox. "But, it is Saturday. Why are you even here?"

"On Saturdays I gather the teachers for discussion." Laxus folded his arms in front of his chest.

Levy, the moment she heard his name from Mira, hid behind Cana. Gajeel, locating her blue hair, smirked and walked a bit to the side, making it obvious that he could see her.

"Are you done?" Laxus asked.

"Depends. If you're asking about the sinks then yes. If you mean with this little bookworm, then no. I'm not done with it." He grinned, making Mira and Cana inhale deeply at the shock of their realization. Levy, on the other hand, tried to bury herself even deeper in Cana's back to hide her embarrassment and blush, a futile try to say the least when Cana turned and revealed her.

"Stupid Gajeel." Levy pouted. 'She's so cute.' Gajeel thought when she closed her eyes shut and stretched her arms at her sides, fists clenched.

"Anyway, here." Laxus interrupted them, handing Gajeel his payment. "And stop playing with my teachers!" He waved his finger in front of Gajeel.

"I'll only stop when you do, Blondie." Gajeel nodded his head towards Mira, implying Laxus's relationship with her. He then stood straight and walked next to Levy, placing a hand on top of her head, patting it lightly, also making her ponytail loose, a couple of locks falling on the sides. "Gi hi."