Chapter 2: Nice to meet you!

Present day...

Monday. Levy loved Mondays. It was the beginning of the week and she would finally see her adorable students. She got into her car and put her coffee in the cup holder and placed her bag on the seat. She followed the usual road to school, seeing some of the old students walking to school with their backpacks on and greeting her acquaintances. It was a small town after all.

When fate struck her, her car suddenly stopped and white smoke got out of the engine. She cursed and hit her head on the wheel, wishing it to not be something serious. She grabbed her phone and dialed a number.

"Lucy, good morning. Can you cover up for me? My car just broke down and-" She was interrupted by someone opening the door and pulling her outside. "Hey, what the hell?" She shouted.

"Are you out of your mind? When you hear a loud bang and see smoke coming out of your car, you don't stay in and talk on the phone like nothing happened." He explained, clearly annoyed by her actions.

"And what is it to you?" She hanged up and placed her hands on her hips.

"See that over there? That's my shop. And I don't want to see it burn down from an explosion that a small girl caused." He pointed at his garage.

"Are you a mechanic? Can you fix it?"

"Seriously?" He looked at her, confused. Didn't this girl realize what just happened?

"Oh thank you!" She grabbed his hand and shook it.

"Whoa! Stop!" He pulled his dirty hand from hers. "Now your hands are dirty too. Come on in to wash them as I bring your car." He grabbed the wheel and pushed the car inside.

She nodded and headed inside, following the instructions that he gave her to the bathroom. 'This place is clean.' Was all she could think. It was a garage after all. After she was finished, she saw the man checking the engine that smoke was still coming out of it. She walked over to him and looked at it, her hands behind her back.

"So does this white smoke mean the engine is broken down?" She asked, curious, but also trying to break the ice of awkwardness.

"No. It elected the new pope." He simply said and silence followed.

"Are you making fun of me?" she said angrily.

"Nah, I'm just teasing. When was the last time you got your car for check up?" He grabbed something inside engine and made the smoke stop and the noise stop.

"N-never." She said shyly.

He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the ceiling as if he was thinking something. "It will be ready in two days. The bang was from the cooler. And the smoke was due to the overheating of the engine."

Levy sighed. "I guess I can go on without a car for a couple of days." She reached from inside the car her bag and cup. "Here is my card. Just give me a call if there's a change of plans." He held her card, with her name and number on it, but his hands were full so he reached and caught it with his teeth and she flinched, blushing lightly.

"Alright then. I'm already running late, so I guess I'll be going." She walked fast outside as Gajeel gave her a toothy grin, with the card still between his teeth.

'What the hell was that?' Levy thought, feeling her cheeks warming up. 'He's so stupid. Throwing me out of my car, and then acting so casually towards me. Well, I guess it did stop right in front of his garage. But then he started making fun of me. A-and he caught my card with his teeth.' Levy quickly shook her head to get those thoughts out of her head.

But the moment she walked inside the school, it was like she forgot all these and started over. She loved her job and nothing would make her change her mind. She met with her friends and chatted and then she got in class and got to spend the whole morning reading stories to her students and teaching them basic things in reading, writing and math.