Chapter 9

Her side ached. When she went to feel it, there was no blood, instead the human cloth kept it together. Useful things, weren't they? To heal such a fatal wound. Her father usually just licked her wounds, then they waited for it to heal naturally.

She lifted her head, her nose to the wind. She could smell other lions. It was night, so they were probably resting.

Her father looked behind at her, motioning her closer. She crouched on all fours and slunk closer. Her claws dug into the sand, giving her a rather satisfactory feeling. She was a lion. She liked humans, but she would always be a lion. She puffed out her chest, showing her mane.

"We will be getting there soon, the females have already began to wake." She nodded, her fingertips tingling. Would she have to fight? A small human grin crept onto her face, before she realized it and swept it off. A lion didn't make such faces. Instead, she kept her face emotionless.

There was a flash of tawny pelt from her side, making her tense. Her father flicked her hind with his tail, motioning for her to relax. Grudgingly, she did so. They stopped, his head held high. She flicked her mane, also holding her head high. The lionesses circled them, one of them stepping in front of her father.

"Raiku, the great. What bring you to our territory?" The lioness hummed, her eyes not roaming to Hinata once.

"I brought my child to see a pride." Power was his voice. There was nothing else, just power. It made Hinata shiver, it wasn't often he used that voice.

"Is that a challenge?" The female raised her head at the males voice behind her, looking proud. A magnificent male was stalking toward him. If it wasn't for her pride, her jaw would have dropped. He wasn't as magnificent as her father, but he was the closest she seen so far. Even the lion she fought was much smaller. "It has been awhile, father." Hinata blinked.

She had a brother?