Chapter 2

Phil's POV

I was on another mission. My boss had sent me to kill a guy named Jordan for not fully paying for the drugs he had bought two weeks ago. He has promised to give us the money a week ago and never did. My boss was angry.

If he couldn't pay with money, he had to pay with his life.

My boss had lectured me on every single detail of him. Where he lived, where his hangout spots were, his family, etc. I was always very surprised at how much information they could acquire of a client who only bought drugs maybe once or twice. They really did do their research.

It was a Friday night which meant that Jordan was out for drinks.

Jordan goes out for drinks every Friday night with his friends. He usually walks back home completely drunk; sometimes with a girl by his side. He takes a shortcut to his apartment through a dark alley which is the most stupid thing anyone could do. Especially when you owe someone big money.

I was following him close behind trying my hardest to not make too much noise so I could quietly sneak up on him.

That didn't go as planned. I accidentally stepped on an empty can of beer and he quickly jerked his head around.

"Who the fuck is there?" The words slurred out of his mouth in a confused manner. Poor bastard.

I stayed quiet, trying to find a different moment to sneak up on him. I didn't want him making too much noise or I would be in so much trouble with the boss.

He turned back around, walking a bit faster now. I finally got the opportunity and jumped behind him. I wrapped my arm around his neck and held a knife to his neck. He was shaking under my touch.

"Don't you dare make a fucking noise or I won't hesitate to drag this knife across your neck and end your pathetic life. Got it?" I said and gritted my teeth. I got a tighter grip on his neck.

He just nodded.

I quickly grabbed the needle in my pocket filled with anesthesia and stabbed him right in the neck. He made a sharp noise but quickly drifted off into a deep sleep.

I proceeded to drag his body back to my car which was on the other end of the alley. I threw his body in the back seat and quickly drove back to the warehouse.

He have a couple of rooms where we do the torturing. Some are a little less painful than others but painful none the less. It really depends on how severe the problem was. For Jordan here, it would be quite basic.

When I arrived through the garage I was greeted by all of the securities. We had to show them our ID's that were provided when we started the job.

Job. This isn't a normal job. This is so wrong and I am fully aware of how at risk my life is. I do this for my parents. For us. We had been dealing with a financial crisis and no matter how many jobs each of us had, it was never enough. A friend of mine had talked to me about this job. He had been working for over two years and was making good money. He suggested me giving it a try since he knows I'm a ruthless person. I couldn't give a shit about anyone else's live except for those around me that I somehow managed to care deeply about. Although I never showed them. I was never an affectionate person.

I made my way through the garage and parked the car. I had some other workers help me drag the body to one of the rooms and tie him up to a chair.

I left the room and gathered some of the tools I needed. We had cameras set up all around the room. The room was sound proof so no one could hear the cries of help.

I sat in a room with a monitor full of different cameras in different rooms. Jordan had finally woken up from the anesthesia and I could see through the screen that he was talking.

"God, please help me! Help! Help me please!." I cut off the audio and made my way to his room. I opened the door and quickly walked in so no one could hear his screams.

"Please, shut up. You're giving me a headache."

"What do you want from me? What did I do?" He was completely terrified.

I grabbed a sharp knife and held it under his chin.

"Look. Josh is really upset that you haven't given him his money. Where's it at?"

"I-I'm sorry. I totally forgot." I chuckled dryly.

"Stupid excuse, isn't it?"

"I just didn't have the money." I dragged the knife across his cheek and he screamed in pain.

"No money? Really? Then tell me how the fuck you manage to go out every Friday night for some drinks?" He didn't respond after that.

"Look at me in the fucking eyes and answer my god damn question!" I screamed at him, spit flying into his face.

"I'm sorry. I'll pay you back. Just give me a couple of days." I cut his face once again.

"You said the exact same thing two weeks ago. Would you like to go through this again when, no, if I let you go?"

"No, I promise. I'll have your money on time. I swear, just please don't kill me."

"You have until next Friday to deliver us our $500. Cash. Now, I will drop you back off at the alley. If you make a single noise or tell anyone about this situation I will not hesitate to chop your head off and send it to your parents. Clear enough?" He looked at me with so much fear. I always laughed at how cowardly they looked.

"Yes, I promise." I untied his whole body from the chair and wrapped some handcuffs around his wrists. I blind folded him so he wouldn't find out the direction we're in. I dragged him back to the car and made our way back to the alley. We kept silence. I was told never to talk to any of our clients on the way back. Not like I ever really wanted to.

"We're here." I got out of the car and made my way around to his side. I removed the blindfold and the handcuffs and kicked him out of the car.

"Remember what I said. Don't speak of this or I will come after you. And about the cuts, make something up." I softly slapped his cheeks and got back in the car.

I drove back home fully exhausted. It was now one am and I was ready to sleep. Thank god I didn't have a proper job.

Once I got home I couldn't be bothered to fix myself up and collapsed onto bed; falling into a comfortable sleep.

(A/n I'm so fucking crazy why am I writing this?)