Chapter 9

Phil's POV

The next morning I woke up to an unfamiliar feeling. The feeling of warmth wrapped around my torso. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted to a sleeping Dan pressed up against me. His beautiful chocolate brown hair was curled up and sticking up from every angle. His silent breathing was creating a beautiful pattern that was music to my ears.

I slowly removed his arms from me and twisted my body around to face the nightstand. I reached out and grabbed my phone and noticed some missed calls from my boss. Shit. Scared of the consequences of not answering on time, I quickly jumped out of bed and headed to the living room to return his calls.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings.

'Answer the fucking phone.' I whispered to myself with anxiousness.

"Lester." The angry voice of the scariest man on earth was heard from the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry for not answering on time. I was at a friends' house and got carried away and-"

"Look, I don't give two shits about your personal life. I need you to answer the phone on time whenever I call you, got it?" he said to me sternly.

I sighed in frustration, "Yeah."

"Alright Lester, I need you to pack up your stuff and be ready by tonight. We're leaving tomorrow around 7am."

"Wait, wait, wait. Where exactly are we going and why do I need to pack up my shit? I've specifically told you how I feel about short notices! Especially when you tell me to pack up!" I yelled angrily through the phone.

"Hold on a second. Do you know who you're talking to? You do know you're talking to the man who practically owns you and can end your life faster than you can say sorry. You better watch it and fix your attitude, Lester. Just pack your shit up and meet us at the warehouse at 6am tomorrow." And with that, he hung up the phone.

Where could we possibly go that requires us to pack up and leave all of a sudden? No one ever knows what crazy shit goes around that man's mind. Are we leaving the country? No, we can't! What about Dan? We just created something for the both of us and now I have to leave?

I threw my phone on the couch and sat down, holding my head between my hands.

Dan's POV

I overheard Phil talking to someone on the phone. I couldn't exactly point out what he was talking about but he seemed pretty frustrated and angry at that man. I wanted to go over and ask what was going on and if he was ok but I didn't want him to think that I was eavesdropping on him; even if it was kind of what I was doing.

After a while, it seemed like Phil wasn't coming back to the room any time soon. I got up and put some clothes on and headed to the living room.

I walked over to Phil and sat on his lap while wrapping my arms around him. "Good morning, babe." I placed a small kiss on his lips and rested my head on his neck. Phil wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tight. He proceeded to rest his head against mine and sighed loudly.

I pulled away and looked deeply into his eyes. They seemed sad, stressed, and worried all at once. Nothing made me sadder than seeing the ones I love in distress.

"What's wrong?"

He stayed silent for a while which worried me a bit more.

"Phil, you know you can trust me. I am here to listen to you and help you out."

"I have to leave." He blurted those words out right after I ended my sentence.

"What do you mean?"

"My boss called me and told me to pack my things up because we were leaving somewhere tomorrow morning. He didn't specify where exctly we were going, I think he wants to keep it private for now."

"If it's for work purposes, then what's the problem?"

"I don't want to leave you."

The room fell quiet after he said that. I didn't know that I could cause someone this much worry, especially Phil. I was also surprised that he had more feelings and was more caring. When I first met him he was careless and very reserved.

"Phil," I pulled him in a tight hug. "Don't worry about me. It's important that you keep your job and make your boss proud. Also, what exactly do you do for a living? I don't think you've ever told me."

(A/N I FINALLY UPDATED. ALSO CLIFF HANGER. DOES DAN FIND OUT? WHO KNOWS.)