Grayson Allen

The entire class period, I had to keep myself from glancing over at Grayson. My mind kept on tempting me to look at him, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, or that it was someone other than him. Instead of looking at him, I decided to look at the clock. It became a routine, whenever I had the itch to look at Grayson, I would look at the clock, but looking at it every 5 seconds was not helping. After the first 10 minutes of class, I gave in to the temptation and glanced at Grayson.

He was taking notes, but with a somber expression on his face. His face was looking from his paper to the board, but his eyes were millions of miles away. His hand moved along the page lazily, not attentively like it usually does. I sigh, I blew it. He thinks that I never wanted to be with him. He thinks that I don't want to be his girlfriend and now he's just going to take back his things and disregard anything ever happened this morning, and I don't want him to disregard this. The way he kissed me this morning was something I never wanted to forget. I loved the feeling of Grayson's lips on mine. It left a lingering sensation, leaving me wanting more. All the passion in the kiss was something I wanted to feel every single day, and now, it was certain that I would never feel that with Grayson ever again.

What was I supposed to do now? I mean, this is something good that has happened to me. My first kiss coming from someone that I am probably in love with. My best friend, just like in my mind, had fallen for me and now told me that he wanted to be with me. It's all I ever wanted, but I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do anymore. I mean, I should just act normal, just the same because he is my best friend, but now I had new information and I did not know what to do with it. I mean, him taking these actions means that he likes me and would like to be with me, right? I ran a hand through my hair and tucked some of it behind my ear.

After another hour and a half, Harrelson concluded his lecture and dismissed the class. I slowly gathered up my notebook, textbook and Chamber of Secrets and stuffed them in my backpack. Once I looked up, the team was in front of my table, looking at me as if I had dropped out of the sky.

"Are you alright Esther?" Luke asked, scrunching his eyebrows together as he looked at me.

I slowly nod and start to get up, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I say slowly and walk out of Harrelson's class, not paying attention to several people calling after me. I walk out of the psychology building and go over to the clock tower bench where I try to catch my breath. I wasn't running or anything, but with the way my heart was pounding, and the way my breath was hitching with everything going on, I needed to calm down. I put my bag down on the floor and I walked around, taking deep breaths.

Grayson James Allen kissed me. Grayson James Allen, starting guard for the Duke Blue Devils, gave me his cap and his wristband that mean so much to him, to make sure other guys would back off until he had time to ask me to be......his girlfriend. Is this really happening? Is it safe to believe this? Can I really just be with my crush like I have always wanted?

I go over and sit down on the bench and balance my elbows on my knees, holding the cap in my hands and letting my hair cover all my face. I take deep breaths until I hear someone stop in front of me. I slowly look up and see Grayson standing there, his face twisted into an apologetic grimace. I sit up and look at him, saying nothing, not knowing what to say. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what.

In the end, Grayson spoke. "I-I'm sorry about how abrupt I was about this all, and I'm sorry for possibly making this awkward, and um-I'm sorry if you never want to talk to me again, I wouldn't blame you."

"You're stupid." I say with a smile slowly creeping up on my face.

He looks at me and a smile tugs at the corner of his lips. "What?"