Ben Simmons

July 8, 2016

"How was it at LSU?" Dom asks as he holds the door open for me to exit the Thomas & Mack center.

Once Dom and I are outside, my phone rings. The caller ID showing the Aussie lampposts' fetus face.

"Chill Dom, I have to take this." I tap answer and we continue walking. "Bueno?" (The way I answer the phone)

"Hey, where are you going?" Ben asks.

"Chill let me ask him." I put the phone to my shoulder. "Where are we going Dom?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

"Dom I'm serious," I kept walking when he grabbed my arm and pulled me in his direction before I ran into a car.

"Car's this way Kim."

I roll my eyes and bring the phone back to my ear. "Hey, Dom won't tell me, but I've got to go before I run into another car. I'll let you know."

There was silence on the other end of the phone before Ben sighs. "Okay, text me yeah?"

"Of course." When I finish saying this he hangs up.

I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Everything alright?"

I elbow him in the ribs, "You're going to get me in trouble with Ben."

"Who's Ben?" He says as he stops at a white car.

I go over to the passenger's side, studying the car, "Damn Dom, where'd you get the money for this car?"

"Kim, its the same car I had junior year."

My mouth falls open, "You're lying to me."

"No I'm serious, its the same one."

I give him a skeptical look before looking in the window. Inside was the beautiful leather seats, and the Powerade stain that never came out after we tried over and over again.

"Oh my gosh, I don't remember it being so nice!" I exclaim.

Dom opens the door and laughs, "I think you've been gone way too long."
He gets in the divers seat.

I look over the car one more time, still in shock that this was the same car I had ridden in the desert of my hometown for a year. I get in and close the door behind me. "I swear, you did something to this car. Its not the same one."

"Kim its the same car." Dom says as he laughs.

"No its not, what did you do?"

"Nothing Kim, now stop trying to change the subject who's Ben?"

I was going to make a smart alek remark when the mockingjay whistle sounds from my phone. "Chill." I say as I unlock my phone to see who it was from.

Ben: Who was that?

Me: A friend from high school

Ben: what are you guys doing??

Me: I think we are driving over to a restaurant to catch up.

Ben: Oh.

Me: Babe, don't worry about me or what he is going to do

Ben: Easy for you to say, he's a friend from high school, the last time you made a guy friend he turned into your boyfriend.....

Me: Ben....Dominique, my friend, is dating someone.....

Ben: ......Don't patronize me

I turn to Dom, "Mind telling me where we're going?"