chapter 6

Samual's P.O.V.

I used the old abandoned mine shaft that I had discovered a few months after paw had brought us to the caveren.

I had actually accidently found the shaft when I was running away from some walkers.

I had spotted a large oak tree and decided that if I climbed it I could get away from the walkers. But when I had reached the base of the tree, I fell down a hole which was actually a forgotten enterence to the mine shaft.

Inside wad old abandoned mining cars, tools to fix them plus spare parts. I discovered that the shaft go's up about 100 yards from the caves enterence, since then I have been the shaft to transport food and other goods that I've gathered. It makes it a hell of a lot easier then making dozens of trips down the mountain.

I had just finished gathering the needed herbs and greens only thing left is corn. Close to one of the hidden enterence is a large corn field, if I'm quick I can gather a few sacks full them make my way home. I had just loaded up my sixth bag when I heard the sound of tires approaching.

Keeping low I dashed through the underbrush and down the hidden shaft. I could hear footsteps fastly approaching, grabbing the metal grate I put it back in place just in time for those chasing me to pass by without noticeing anything out of place.

Loading the last bag into the carts, I attached the rail car and began pumping the leaver, it was slow work but hell it was well worth it.  The trip took longer then expected do to a small cave in but once the tracks were clear I was once again on my way.

Night had fallen, and I was late getting back. Damn it I was going to hear it now. Leaving the supplies where they were at I walked the hundred yards to the cave. When I reached the hide door I heard arguing, me being me I decided to listen in.

"Rick we got to go find her, she said a week its been almost two. Man what if she's hurt we got to do something."

"Daryl calm down, she probably just got held up. If she isn't here by the morning we will go looking for her ok. Now why are your so worried please tell us so we can understand."

"I can't see those li'le boys suffer if something happened to her, it would just kill them. No kid should lose the only parent they know."

"I know that Daryl but they also have you now to, we've all seen how you are around them. They look up to you, so you got to be strong."

"I know man just don't want anything bad to happen."

Alright that's my que to go in. Pulling back the hides I stepped into the room, all eyes are now trained on me. I just wave and make my way to bed. No sooner does my head hit the hides, I fall into a blissful sleep.