Chapter 4

"Rick's P.O.V"

It's been a few days since we all moved into the cave with Samule and the boys. By the looks of thing we were all getting along real well.

I finaly felt the preasure off my shoulders, relaxing more then ever before. Unlike at the prison there wasn't any other humans in sight for miles on end, ensuring our safety.

I wasn't wondering the caverens halls, just taking my time thinking about all the hard ships were had gone through. Just as I wasn't remanising over our travel, I spotted Myrle coming out of his and Carol's room. Who would of thought those Twomoons would end up together.

"FLASHBACK"

The farm of Hearshal's had just been over run by the largest herd of walkers we have ever seen. We had to abandon the farm and the search for little Sophia, which I knew this was breaking Carol's heart. There wasn't anything we could do, she's been given up for dead. There just wasn't any way she could of survived for the three weeks that we had searched.

By that time everyone knew that Lori wasn't pregnant, so we were in a desperate search for a safe place to live, while the baby was born.

By the time we found the prison she was more or less ready to pop. The cleaning out was pretty rough but we got it done in a matter of days.

We had only been at the prison for about two weeks when we saw the familiar figure walking in the distance, this was a small human body that were could not identify.

I called for the others, and we all watched as Myrle killed every single walker that got within a three feet radius of him and his cargo.

We were all learly at his approach, that is all except Daryl. He wasn't happy to find his brother alive and well. When he reached the main gate he yelled for us to open it. We weren't going to at first but we soon changed our minds.

"Li'le brother open up this here gate, I something that belongs to one of you."

"What you talking 'bout Myrle?" questened Daryl.

He chuckled then said something that caught everyone's attention. "Ya all missing a li'le girl? Found one about seven months back, been tryen to find ya all since then."

Carol wasn't the first to react. "Rick, open the gate, he says he has my baby." she cried brokenly.

I wasn't about to open the gate when Shane voiced his opinion once again. "Could be a trap, We all know how Myrle is, so We why take that chance?"

I didn't Care. Yes he could be deceving us, but there is a slim chance that he does have Sophia. Got to take the risk. The decision wasn't made, so I unlocked the gates to let Myrle in. Then, I hurried to close it again as a group of about eight walkers came to the gate, drawn to the noise.

Keeping a close eye on Myrle, I followed him up the hill to the others. Just as We reached the others, the person on his back woke up.

"Daddy, are We safe now?" questioned the sleepy little girl, before burying her head into his back.

Myrle shocked us all by speaking in a soft voice to the little girl. "Yeah baby girl, why don't you wake up. I got that surprise I promised ya. I told ya I'd make good on my promises baby girl"

We all watched as the little girl lifted her sleepy head, revealing a very dirty and sleepy Sophia, but at least she was alive.

Upon spotting Carol, she squeeled in happiness before trying to scramble off of Myrle's back to get to her mother. "Mommy!"

Myrle laughed before addressing Sophia once again. "Settle down li'le bit, I got to get ya unhooked, then ya can go to your mama. K?"

Sophia just nodded waiting patiently. Once she was down, she raced to Carol's open arms. After a few minutes Sophia squirmed out of Carol's arms and raced back Myrle, launching herself back into his arms.

"Oh thank you daddy, you kept your promise, you found my Mommy for me. Thank you thank you!"

It was night fall by the time everyone's calmed down from all of the excitement. We finally got Sophia to tell us what happened.

"When I was making my way back to the road, I saw a walker and got scared. I started to run though the wood, but the further I went the more walkers I saw. So I just kept running. One day I when a walker was about too attack me, I crawled into the smallest space I could find. Just as it was about to grab me, it was gone. I heard someone telling me to come out quickly.

"When I came out there stood daddy. He asked me where everyone's was, I told him about being chased. He promised he would get me back to my mommy. Ever since then We have been searching for you, during that time daddy has protected me from walkers and very mean men that wanted to hurt me."

To way the least We were all surprised by her story, who would of thought the biggest ass in the group would care for such a small child.

"Honey, why do you call Myrle daddy?" questened Lori.

She giggled clutching a tattered old teddy bear. "Cause he cared for me like I wanted my real daddy to. He had just got us to a house to sleep in, I was crying cause I missed mommy. Daddy found me this bear and told me to hug it tight when I missed mommy and every time I did We would be a little bit closer to finding her. When We went to sleep that night he held me tight singing a silly little song, that's when I called him daddy and since then it's stuck."

Myrle just grinned while Sophia explained before interjecting his two cents. "That's right baby girl, no matter what happens you will always be my li'le girl. You'd make one hell of a Dixon, just remember what I taught you and you'll survive this new world."

Soon after Sophia's arrival Carol started to talk to Myrle and We could all see the relationship developing. I think Sophia kind of helped in that respect, not wanting either of them out of her sight.

"END FLASHBACK"

I'm glad Carol is happy, it seams like those two were the best thing to happen to Myrle. Now We just got tools get Daryl out of his antisocial ways. Yeah like that's going tools happen We would need a merical for that.

Continuing on my way, I was looking for Samule, she still hasn't explained that storie from when We first arrived.