Chapter-1

'Emily, I'm sorry'

It was midnight. The door creaked open. Peter silently came and sat on his daughter's bed. He bent downwards and gently said 'Emily, I'm sorry'. Emily had woken up for a few seconds but as she slowly drifted back to sleep she could hear her father weeping slowly repeating the same thing again and again.

Emily woke up to the sound of people talking in the kitchen. She hurried out of bed grabbing a sweater and ran to the kitchen. She saw her father talking to some men packing the kitchen utensils. 'Dad what's going on?' her voice was shaking with shock and fear. 'Honey I should have told you before but we are moving'. Emily looked at her father with a disgusted face and said with a sturdy tone 'Dad you cannot do this to me, this place means everything to me.' Emily suddenly started to scream on the top of her lungs biting back tears 'I grew up here; my last memories of mum are in this very house; how do you expect me to leave this behind? Doesn't any of this mean something to you?' Emily started crying in front of the packers, feeling a bit embarrassed. 'I know Em, I Know.' He reassured her by stroking her hair like he did when she was afraid at night. 'You look so much like your mother and she will be so happy to meet you.' As soon as he said that Emily took a step back 'what do you mean, she died when I was three and there is no way you can bring back the dead.' 'Emily I'm sorry it was the only way we could protect you, I Want you to forget everything I told you about the family, where we belong. Your whole life has been a lie.'

# # # # # #

'Your whole life has been a lie' the words repeated in Emily's head. It felt like someone punched her in the gut. 'She is alive, your mother is alive Em, and she is waiting for us. We have to go, earth is not safe anymore.' Emily's body instantly shut down. 'I won't go until I get answers. Why did you do this? What do you mean earth is not safe? What will happen to Melissa?' Melissa has been her best friend since she could remember. Sitting and discussing books. Movies, music and were their thing and leaving her behind would be torture. 'Melissa's family shifted with us, we wanted to raise you in Caelum but it was impossible, your mother, Stephanie, Richard and have agreed this is the best thing we could do to protect you.'

# # # # # #

Emily ran without thinking twice. She changed quickly and ran out of her house. Melissa. Emily thought and ran across the street.

Emily could hear shouting. Look like they told her she thought. Melissa walked out of her house bumping into Emily. 'Oh my god Emily, what is happening to us?' Melissa started crying in Emily's arms. 'As long as we are together we will be fine.' Emily knew nothing will be alright. 'What about your curse Em?' Melissa looked at her with an innocent face. 'What curse?' Emily was surprised' 'Em, are you alright?' Melissa asked in a worrisome tone, 'Mel, do not worry about me, go home, talk to your parents and pack your bags. Everything will be Okay.'

As soon as Emily left Melissa at her door she went home. She knew it was time to face the truth. 'Dad, where are you?' Emily walked into her father's room which only contained his bed. Emily saw her father sitting on the bed with a phone in his hand. He was looked up at Emily. She could see her father's silver eyes watering. 'Emily, you're back.'

________

My first chapter....
Please tell me what you think by voting and commenting.....
See you in the next chapter