Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

I walk back in to the hospital with Alan by my side.

"Is she awake yet?'' asked Alan.

"No not yet," he nodded the silence was becoming a bother but none of seemed to know what to say. I didn't want to stay here and wait but I also didn't want to leave Angelin alone.

"what do we do now," someone broke the silence.

"I'm getting kinda hungry what about you guys" asked Annie. I was getting hungry as well and Alans stomach growled.

"whos gonna go, we cant leave Angelin here alone." I said and looked at them. I knew we couldn't go alone but we cant all go and leave Angelin here. 

"I'll go," I looked over at Alan. He couldn't go alone. I wasn't gonna let him risk his life for some freaking food.

"If you go I'm going too," I said. he looked over at me like I was cray and maybe I was but I wasn't gonna let him go alone.

"I'm going and you cant change that," he looked at me for a few seconds then said, ''Fine we looked over at Annie and she looked scared and relieved at the same time.

''You stay here and if the others come tell them we went to get food."

"yeah, ok" we turned and walked towards Alans truck.

"Bye Annie."

"Be safe okay." I gave her a smile and got in the truck.

...

We walk into the first store we see and we grab a cart there were only a few cars from what we could see. where the hell is everyone? We start grabbing food we see and a few other things we wanted. I walk towards the refrigerated section when I hear a thud then a scream. Alan must have heard it as well 'cause he came over in few seconds.

"What do you think that was?'' I look over at him and give him a how the hell am I supposed to know look. We start running when we hear another scream. We walk into the storage section and start to look around.

"HELP!" I run towards the direction I heard it from. I start running quicker until I hear something fall a few feet to my right.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!" I turn towards my right and see a guy running from something. He knocks down boxes and starts running towards my direction. I look behind him and see what he's running from. Its one of them. I look for anything I can use as a weapon and I find a metal pole. I grab it and I start half jogging towards the thing. The guy tripped and a box fell on him and the thing was catching up. I start running towards the thing. It was about to grab the guy before I hit him in the jaw. It slowly starts getting up so I hit it again. And again. And again. until I'm sure the thing died do I drop the pole.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I turn and start moving the boxes that were on him.

"Pease don't hurt me." He says.

"Don't worry I'm not one of them," I say I extend my hand for him to grab it. He hesitates before he slowly reaches out for it.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Nathan Holloway and yours?"

"Samantha Flores" I say. "Are you from here, you've got like an accent ."

"I'm from the UK but I came to visit a friend and then this happened." he said as he pointed at the body. I nodded.

"SAM!" I turn around and see Alan running towards us ''What happened?" he asked looking over at Nathan.

"He was being attacked by one of them when I found him. Alan looked over at him then asked "Is he...you know... infected."

"Are you?" I ask.

"How do I know?"

"Any bites? Scratches? Did the thing hurt you?" I tell him.

"Oh no I don't think so." He says as he starts checking.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask.

"I don't know my friend ditched me here and took the car,"

"Nice friend you had," I said.

"Yeah I know." He looked down and started biting his nails, "Can I go with you guys, I wont be a bother I swear. Please?" I looked over at Alan then nodded, "Sure but we have to go to the hospital some of our friends are there waiting for us," I said.

"That's cool," he said. We began walking out of the storage place and we take the food and water he had gotten. We're about to walk out before Alan stopped us," You don't think it'll beep right?" shit I hadn't thought about that.

"Uhm I don't know. Should we just risk it?"

"I Don't think we have a choice." he said "On three?" I nodded.

"1...2...3!" we ran and of course the fucking alarms rang.

''RUN!" we started running towards the truck.

"GUYS ONE OF THEM IS CHASING US!" yelled Nathan. We reached the truck and started loading it. "Alan start the truck!"

"On it." I close the tailgate and we get in the truck. The thing start hitting my window, "GO GO GO" Alan starts driving away. After a few minutes we all cheer in relief and happiness, '' that was way to close!" I say while laughing. I slowly relax and I start talking to Nathan. He's younger than I thought only 18 turning 19 in November he likes music and he's from Manchester and so on. After a few more minutes of talking we arrive at the hospital and to my relief the others were there. We get out of the truck and they walked towards us.

"Whos he?" asked Marc.

"Everyone this is Nathan. He was being attacked when we found him."

"That doesn't matter right now Sam your parents there..."

"No," I couldn't believe what he was saying.They cant be. My parents are...

"Dead"

So there's chapter seven for you guys hope you enjoyed. Sorry for not updating in a while, but I'm gonna try to update the next chapter in a day or two. Anyway please comment, follow, and Favorite.

BYE!!!!!