Tacoooos!

My walk home was weird. I kept seeing people stare because of my crazy outfit and I kept hearing footsteps behind me but there was no one to be seen. I dont know...maybe its a ghost. That can explain stuff. Maybe the ghost is cursing me ad thats why I keep fucking up everything.
I go home with the sole purpose to eat something but guess what? Nothing. I groan and plop down on the kitchen floor with tears in my eyes. Its just been the worst day and I'm so tired of it.
The tears rolled down my cheeks and I didnt know what to do. I sit there for at least 45 minutes because the next thing I know I hear a bunch of footsteps enter the kitchen and I get embarrassed. Im crying on the kitchen floor for goodness sake.
"Drew?" Giounni asks confused and somewhat concerned....thats shocking.
"What the hell? What happened?" Julio asks from behind him. I sob and put my hands over my face.
"Theres no food! And I didnt eat today because I got into another argument with stupid Sam! And my clothes got all wet so I have to wear this hideous outfit and Dad hates me and Jacob confuses me and I just want some Fooooood!" I cry out. My brothers sit there for a second in shock.
"How long have you been sitting here?" Johnathan asked.
"Like 45 minutes." I say. They all gasp and Giounni picks me up.
"Drew, you are by far the weirdest little shit ever." He says sitting me on a stool.
"I know." I say agreeing to his statement.
"We brought mexican food." Julio says with a smile. I hop out of my stool and look around.
"Where?" I ask excitedly. Carlos lifts up the bag.
"Tacooooos!" We all shout and Jacob walks in the door. He stands there with Kyle and they both look at us really weird.
"Umm....thats awkward cause, I brought Tacos too." Jacob says lifting the bag and smiling.
"There is no such thing as too much tacos!" I shout and the whole kitchen shouts in approval. We all gather around eat tacos and to be honest, I wouldnt ask for anything else right now.
It seems like everytime I go back to that dark place, I forget that there are some people who care.
"""""""""""""""""""""
I ate 5 tacos! How did my little body do it? I sit on the couch stuffed. My brother all went to their rooms and Jacob and Kyle sat on the opposite couch from me.
"Why did I do that?" I ask.
"Because you are a little greedy animal!" Kyle exaggerates. Hes mad because my 5th taco was his third. I snatched it right out of his palms.
"I wont apologize for being me!" I say. Jacob chuckles and I look at him. No one is looking at me. We were all kind of staring at the ceiling. So I take this time to just really look at him. He had a little smile on his face for some reason. I wonder what he was thinking about. I look back up at the ceiling and then I start to think about the kiss. Whuch makes me blush smile. Maybe thats what he was thinking about. I shake out of my thoughts and stand.
"Im gonna go upstairs. I say to them and walk up to my room. I close my door and lie down just thinking. About nothing in particular. Its been about 15 minutes sense I was downstairs and now I hear a knock on my door.
"Come in." I say. Jacob sticks his head in and then comes all the way in. (A/N I have a gross mind I was debating on rewording it haha) I sit up as I watch him close the door and walk towards me.
" I got you something. " He says and I am shocked.
"Really?" I ask. He nods and I smile.
"You didnt have to." I say. He shakes his head yes.
"Yeah I did, its the least I could do." He says getting up and opening my window. I sit confused for a second but he pulls a gift bag off of the roof. My smile grows a lot bigger once I see that its a big bag. Call me materialistic.
"Can I just show you them, I kind of want to explain them its sort of like a story."
I nod and scoot over so he can sit down next to me.
"So, the first thing I got is kind of a jackassish thing to do but its hilarious." He says pullling out superman socks and laughing. I laugh at it.
"Wow Jacob nice going" I say with laughter.
"Yeah I know how much you think patterend socks are stupid so I got you some and now they match mine." He says with a smile. I grab them and hug them.
"Hey if they keep my toes warm I love them." I say with a smile. Jacob smiles back and grabs the next thing. He pulls out a box about 8 inches in length and 4 inches in width. I look at it confused and he opens it up. I gasp at the beautiful ruby necklace. Its a silver chain with one single ruby shaped in a crystal form.
"Jacob...y...you didnt have to get that." I say so suprised that he'd get that for me...it looks super expensive.
"I just saw it and thought of you. Its beautiful and vibrant....its you." He says. Ive never heard him say anything remotely as romantic as that.
He looks nervous afterwards though and to be honest I am too. Is he really that into me?
"Thank you, I love it." I say to him hoping he'll look in my eyes, but he never does.
He clears his throat and reaches for the next thing.
He pulls out a sweat shirt.
"It matches your socks." He says, displaying the superman sign. I chuckle at his corniness.
"So original." I say playfully. He nods and I shake my head.
"And I have two more things that are extremely important and they are back on the roof so wait one sec." He says and walks back to the window. I look confused but sit and wait anyway.
"Close your eyes!" He shouts and I do so. I feel him sit back down next to me and I get excited.
"Open them." He says. I open my eyes to see the best skateboard of all time! It had my name designed on the back but it looks so fimilar and then I read the initials.
J.H., I gasped and look at him confused.
"How did you get this?" I ask. Jacob takes a deep breathe in and looks me in the eyes.
"Thats the second thing...I have something to tell you." He says. I motion for him to talk.
"Im....the one who started....The Gallery." He says and I loose it. I hop up and put my head in my hands.
"What? Is that what you were trying to tell me when we got there? Is that why you were acting so weird?" I ask completely confused.
"Yes." He says quietly.
"Oh my God, Jacob! I should have known! J.H.! I should have figured it out!" I shout so angry with myself.
"I made sure nobody figured it out Drew...and can we keep it that way?" He asks. I sigh and look at him.
"Yeah, but I love the the board! I'm just mad that I spent so much time trying to figure out who you were....do you know who destroyed it?" I ask and Jacob looks down. I get confused and sit next to him and place my hand on his shoulder.
"I did." He says and I gasp.
"Why?" I ask concerned.
"When I thought I had to move...I got upset and I went there and was just looking and I realized I'd be leaving it behind and I was selfish and thought If I cant have it...nobody can." He says softly and ashamed with his head still down. I sigh and look at him, when he didnt look up I put my finger under his chin and lifted his head up. Its what Sam used to always do to me and I know it made me feel better, it made me feel like somebody actually cared. Even though it wasnt true. Mine is.
He looks at me in the eyes and I can tell hes completely vulnerable.
"You are the reason I've been sane all these years, you were my escape, you made me feel safe, you were my light in the dark...when I thought there wasnt any." I say. He furrows his eyes in confusion.
"I started going to the gallery when I battled through depression because I was trying to run away. I found that place and I just sat there and stared at the paintings and the poems and I thought, and I cried...and it saved my life." I say with tears in my eyes. I can see Jacob's eyes and hes empathetic.
"I didnt know I had that affect on people." He says.
"Oh you do...I had to confront like 6 people over my spot there" I say with a chuckle and he does too. I realize that my hand is still caressing his face.
I try to move it but he grabs it and closes his eyes.
"Drew?" He asks.
"Yeah?"
"Happy birthday." He says and opens his eyes, letting go of my hand.
He stands up and walks to the door.
"Goodnight." He says, leaving the room and leaving me sitting there horrified.
I think I may be in love with Jacob.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
This was a short Chapter and I believe its one of my best chapters. Its definitely drama filled and humor filled because thats just me as a person and also an author apparently lol.
I also made this short because next chapter will be a bonus chapter because if you hadnt noticed I left an entire chunk out of one chapter and that was the chapter where Drew had here preformance. So next chapter will be the details on what her and her dad really went through and how she got to the preformance and how the preformance went. LOVE YOU GUYS AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! See you next timeee!