entry 04

Nathanael
3:52
16 october 2016
glendale, georgia...

If New York offered food like this, I would be in big trouble. The chicken spaghetti that the woman brought over last night was one of the best things that I've ever tasted. I devoured half the food that she had given me and now, early in the morning, the other half was slowly diminishing.

The bread rolls were even delectable; surely they were made from scratch. I had eaten those first and was slightly disappointed when I realized that I had been greedy and didn't wait to eat them with the rest of my food.

All in all, the young lady was an exceptional cook.

the young lady,

I had yet to come by her name, but I'll bet it was undoubtedly beautiful. Something to compliment her soft-spokenness, gentle aura, and breathtaking presence.

The young lady was absolutely gorgeous. Her jet black hair was pulled up the last time I saw her and I was thankful for it; her whole face was then visible. I was able to take in all of her features. From her captivating brown eyes, to her cute wide nose. To her high cheek bones, plump lips and slender neck. It was seemed to be like magic how skin as dark as hers could be so radiant.

The way she lingered on my mind was almost a burden.

Nothing good ever came of a person that I couldn't get out of my head. More specifically, a woman. Heartbreak was something that I didn't take very well and I had every intention of leaving it were it occurred two years ago.

I sighed and pushed away the empty dish.

I think entirely too much. . .

Well when you can't sleep, what the hell are you supposed to do?

Did she really live by herself? Does the orchard belong to her? Was she playing that piano that night?

I could ask these things, if I actually worked up enough courage to get out a full sentence in her midst. I had spoken two words to her; come in. While she would speak kindly to me without hesitation.

When she called me darlin', I felt lifted. The endearment was likely to be thrown around in these parts, but I hadn't heard it since I was a small boy. The young lady's precious tone and southern accent always left me in a good mood and it stuck around for hours until my mind would become enraptured in something else.

Now there was no something else. It was all her.

I had a week and a day left in this little trip before I would have to board a plane to Indonesia and if I could help it, I wouldn't dare start something I couldn't finish.