Chapter Twenty Four

The cover on the side came 5th in my cover competition, and was made (according to my notes) by someone named awesumchic, though it isn't coming up as a wattpad username :)

Another chapter, though it's more of a filler :)

24. Time To Join Teen Mom

Let’s just say that ‘panic’ was a complete understatement to my reaction from this news. I locked myself inside my room for a whole week, eating ice cream constantly and crying a river for hours on end. The teachers and headmistress left me alone, understanding that I had a right to be having a mental breakdown. I mean, this kid totally had the worst timing in the world. Who the hell decides that they want to be born in the middle of a war? A masochist, I tell you. I was going to give birth to a mini masochist Christopher.

            One of my hormonal requests was that the servants bring me a TV with Foxtel because I was missing home. A lot. I wanted so badly to be back in my world where I gossiped over people in magazines, and I wasn’t on the front cover.

            The reality show that I had become ridiculously obsessed with over my few days the most was Teen Mom. I swear to God that they were the only people in the world who understood my current pain. Mia and my new tried their best to get me out of the room, especially since it was almost time for Jessamina to be on her way, but I just sunk further into my horror.            

            I mean, I couldn’t be a mother! I was still a kid myself, not to mention the fact that babies pooped a lot! I had to change a few of Tayla’s diapers as a child, and I was legit scarred for life. To think now I’d have to touch the entrails of my own offspring.

            EWWWWWWWWWWWIE!!!!

            It wasn’t like I would have a nanny or anything- I wanted to raise my own kid, thank you very much- to do all the work for me. Though that would be nice, I wanted to have a connection to my mini me.

            “Emilee, you have to come out now!” Mia’s voice hollered through the door right on time: seven o’clock sharp. “Jessamina’s guards are here to take her to her fiancée, and she’s leaving in an hour!”

            I shoved the spoon of cookies in cream into my mouth to prevent myself from having to answer. In my other hand I was dialing the number I had paused my TV on.

            “THAT’S IT!” I heard Kai yell. “I’M COMING IN!”

            My door bashed open just when the phone began to ring. Char snatched it out of my hand and hung up, while Mia took away all my precious ice cream. Kai and Jessamina unplugged my beloved TV.

            “You were going to call Teen Mom,” Char accused with an evil expression on her face. “As the Crown Princess of Astria, you can’t have your personal life broadcasted to the magical world, let alone the humans!”

            “Yeah!” Mia agreed while tugging me into the bathroom, with Jessamina filling up the bath. “You’re too good for them, Emi! Now, get a hold of yourself. You’re having a baby; so what!”

            “A-And your mother-in-law is still here, waiting to talk to you after you accept the pregnancy,” Jessamina added with a shy smile.

            Unashamed, the girls stripped me down and dumped me into the warm water. They left me to wash myself while picking out my clothes, making sure that they were extra warm to protect against the cold wind. I sneakily pulled the phone near the bath off the hook and dialed the number I had memorized.