Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Emma’s POV

Tonight was my performance with the orchestra. 90 people were playing with me. I was the big star.

My mom had texted me that she wanted to come, but I had told her that everything was sold out. I didn’t want to see my mom.

I had told Marcus about the performance and he insisted on coming, so I fixed him 5 tickets. For his, my family.

So, now here I was. Pulling on a dress, which wasn’t really comfortable when you were playing cello, and doing my make-up. Just some mascara.

I took a deep breath and took my cello and stand by the person that was going to tell me when I could go on stage.

I was nervous. I knew everything by heart. I had practised this months before I came to London 4 weeks ago. I had mailed my teacher to tell her I was going to perform. She wished me luck and said that she was proud of me.

The man gave me a sign that I could go on stage. I took a deep breath and climbed on stage. Everywhere was applause, everywhere were people and flashy cameras. There was even a film crew for the BBC 3.

The conductor talked about me and me being 18 and from the Netherlands and things like that. He motioned for me to sit down so we could start.

When I played my first note, I forgot everything around me and I just played. Until I knew it was over.

I looked around, it was like when you opened your eyes after he had shut them down for like 5 minutes.  Not that I closed my eyes or anything.

I stood up and bow to the people. Everyone was cheering. After that the conductor said some things. Thanking me ,with a bouquet, for playing with them. Then it was done. I was done.

I wanted to walk away, but Marcus shouted at me. ‘’Emma! You were amazing!’’ I smiled shyly. I never thought he really would come. ‘’Thanks.’’ I mumbled.

‘’I want you to meet someone.’’ He said and a middle-aged woman walked over to me. She looked like mom, but then nicer. ‘’This is Annette. My mom.’’ Marcus introduced his mom. I smiled again, now at her. ‘’Hello, Mrs. Butler.’’ I said polite. ‘’Nonsense. You’re my niece. Call me aunt or Annette.’’ She said and I smiled wider.

‘’There they are!’’ Marcus exclaimed. I looked at the direction he was looking. Caspar, Alfie and Zoe walked over to us. My eyes widened. He had invited them?

‘’O my god. You were so good!’’ Zoe said and hugged me.  My cello was on the carpet on the stage, don't worry.  Me and Zoe had become close in these 4 weeks. She came over almost every day. She wanted me to meet her family since we only were at Marcus’ place or shopping. I just had to think about that.

‘’Thank you, I hope I didn’t bore you with my music.’’ I mumbled.  5 faces looked at me like I was insane.