Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter 39

Emma’s POV

I heard the bell of the door, telling the people in the store there were new customers. I grinned and looked at my two best friends.

“So, you took us to a supermarket?” Jared asked unsure. I laughed. “Honey, I had to pick up some things.” I said. “Aha.” Roan said. I grinned, “Just wait here, okay. The magazines are there.” I said and pointed to the rack with the papers. They nodded.

I quickly picked everything I needed, I already knew where everything was. I paid for everything and walked back to the boys. “Let’s go.” I said. “We don't want to go sightseeing, you know that right?” Roan said for the fifth time. I laughed.

“Yeah, yeah. I know. We’re going to picnic.” I said. The boys looked at me like I was crazy. “In a park.” I said. Roan rolled his eyes. “A park?” He asked. I grinned and nodded. “Okay whatever.”

I brought them to the nearest park, since it was the one I always went to. “It’s super cold and you say we are going to picnic.” Jared said, stating the obvious. “Well, yes.” I said and shrugged.

“Only you, huh.” Roan said. I smiled. “You know me.” I said. “Unfortunately, I do.” Jared said joking. I punched him. “Hey!” He just laughed. “I was only kidding. It’s an honour to know you.” Jared said and swung his arms around me.

“Aww, aren’t you sweet.” I said sarcastically. Jared just grinned at me. We walked through the park. “Damn, Emma. Why is it so cold.” Roan complained. I laughed. “This is England, not America.” I replied.

We walked to a tent, entered it and the boys looked around. “What’s this?” Jared asked. “This is where everyone sits in the winter, homeless or not. You bring food if you can afford it and share it with others.” I explained.

If you didn’t count us, there were two people. I brought quite a lot of food. I unpacked the bags I had with me and gave the woman two tables next to us the sandwich. She thanked me and unwrapped it.

The man in the corner I gave him the Panini, I hoped he liked it. He thanked me too and ate it.

“You know Emma, that is so you.” Roan said. “What?” I asked confused. “You always share things. You think of others and try to please people.” Jared said. “Well, yeah. Isn’t that what everyone does?” I asked.

“Well, no. People mostly think first about their selves and then about others.” Roan said. “Well, I’m selfish too, but not all time.” I replied. “We know.”

I grinned and sat down. I handed them two Coca Cola’s, even though it was only eleven in the morning. “Only you, only you.” Roan muttered. I rolled my eyes. “Well, since you don't appreciate. I’ll eat this all alone.” I said and held up a bag of gummy bears.

“What, no!” Jared said. “Well, be happy then I bought you some Coca Cola.” I snapped. The boys just looked at me and then we bursted out in laughter. “Thank you though. You know you can say coke, right?” Jared said.