two | confrontation

Since it was early autumn, it was still warm enough to go outside in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

I wore exactly this when I went to go see Kendall.

She wanted to meet up at Monroe's, the diner at which I used to work at. When I stepped in, nostalgia immediately starting pouring in. My eyes scanned every square inch of the diner. The hard wood floors had still stayed in tact over the past five years. Also, most of the tables remained constant, causing a grin to break out in my lips knowing that boy much has changed.

"Chloe," She squealed when she saw me. "I missed you!"

"Ditto." I said blandly, hoping for this all to be over.

Kendall looked the same for the most part. Her hair was styled a little bit shorter, which gave a mom vibe off of her. It looked as if being a mother really tired her out, given the dark bags that rested under her eyelids.

Her face fell, but she straightened up, putting on a braver face. "Well, before we start, I have big news."

"What, are you pregnant again?" I snapped.

But instead of denying, Kendall placed her hand on her belly and nodded. "I have a feeling it's a girl."

My jaw dropped. My mouth ran dry, and so did my thoughts. "You know I wasn't being serious, right?"

Kendall giggled, staring down at her stomach, a lazy grin on her face. "I know. This one was actually planned."

I raised a brow. From what Nick told me, Kendall wasn't handling motherhood as well as she'd hoped.

Nick informed me that Kendall was drowning in diapers and baby food. Her son, Mason, was apparently one loud crier. Supposedly, he started driving her insane to the point where she nearly gave him up for adoption.

"You're crazy, Kendall." I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

Her stormy eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

"From what Nick told me, you weren't the greatest mother on the planet. Kendall, do you really think you're mature enough for another one?" I lectured, crossing my arms over my chest.

Kendall looked down, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Ah, the pregnancy hormones.

"You don't know anything," She snapped, still not looking up from where her hands sat in her lap. "It's not like you've been here the past four years."

Narrowing my chocolate-colored eyes, I huffed. "You fucking back stabbed me, Kendall."

"I made someone's else Mason's godmother. So fucking what?"

"We were suppose to be best friends," I hissed. "You told me that you trusted me enough to trust me with the care of your baby boy if anything were to ever happen to you and Zack."

Kendall stared at me for a minute. She was fuming, I could tell. When she was angry, she would normally furrow her eyebrows and purse her lips, much like she was doing now. She would narrow her icy blue eyes and cross her arms over her chest.