fifteen | a boyfriend and a hickey

Let's just say that Thanksgiving was cancelled after that...interesting confrontation.

After everyone cleared out, I made the decision to stay behind and help Josh clean up the meal Kelly had worked so heard to create.

Speaking of, her and Randy decided to spend the rest of the holidays in New York with her friends, because she couldn't stand the sight of me anymore.

I was too exhausted to venture off to my house, so I decided to crash on Josh's futon. He offered me a shirt of his and a pair of boxers, making my reminisce about the old times when I was teenager and in love.

"You know," Josh told me, popping his head into the living room. "You're welcome to come in the bed with me."

"Oh, I didn't wanna make it seem like I was intruding, but sure." I smiled, throwing the covers off my body and rising up from the couch.

Josh had grey sweatpants resting from his waist, and no shirt hanging on his shoulders. His hair was messy and blue eyes playful and full of life. And the sight of him made me smile for real for the first time in a long time.

I pranced into his room and wandered over to his dresser, pulling it open and grabbing a pair of socks and sliding them onto my frigid feet.

I turned my back and found Josh already under the covers, seemingly awaiting my arrival. I rolled my eyes as he made a dorky face at me.

"Keep doing that and I'll walk right out the door." I laughed, shaking my head.

Josh only shrugged and shifted his body so there was room for mine. I giggled and hopped onto the bed, letting myself melt into Josh's arms as he embraced me.

It was quiet for awhile, before I spoke, "I'm sorry about today. I didn't mean to cause drama between you and your mom."

I heard him sigh behind me. "It's not your fault, Chlo. My mother can be...complicated, sometimes. And sometimes she says things that doesn't mean. And Chloe, I know that she didn't mean the stuff that she said to you. She's just looking out for me."

I wanted to argue my point of view, which completely differed from his, but the tiredness was starting to take over me. So I merely mumbled a "hm" and let myself melt into a dreadful, peaceful sleep.

For the first time in four and a half years, it felt like I could finally breathe properly.

I know I don't need anyone to complete me, but it felt like he completed me. I had realized a long time before that I never stopped loving it, but just being there, laying with him, made me feel someway that I couldn't explain.

I awoke the next morning with a grin upon my face. The sunlight was streaming in through the slightly opened blinds, being the only source of light that the room had to offer.

Not wanting to wake him, i slowly unwrapped myself from Josh's arms and reached down to grab anything that looked remotely like mine. I reached down to pick up my  skirt and tights, but also not missing the scarf and top that went along with it.

Though I tried to be stealthy, I still could hear Josh groan from behind me. "Leaving so soon? Let's not make a habit out of this, Lukasiak."