Chapter 5

I'm kinda sad that this story isn't getting many views. I've been working really hard on it. But oh well. I'm really happy that Grant was awarded tonight! I totally think that he deserved that award.

Some of you were asking why I like grant so much. The reason why is because from the moment I saw grant on my TV, I knew he was special.

Leah's POV

I just kind of stood there. I had absolutely no idea what to do next. Was I supposed to ask for help? Maybe ask for Barry? I was so lost.

Just when I though of giving up, I saw Barry waddling down the stairs. He was holding a stack of papers. Files of some sort I guessed. He looked up and saw me standing there. "Hey! Leah!" He said with a smile

"Hey Barry! How was your day?" I said looking down to my feet.

"Busy! I have been working on this case all day. It is quite interesting. What about you? Anything interesting?"

I thought about me day. You know, the whole hanging off of the edge of a cliff with two bombs struck to my chest. "It was fine," I lied, "thanks for asking."

"Did you ever find anywhere to stay?" He asked, changing the mood from happy to concerned. 

"Huh? No. I actually don't know why I asked the uh, Taxi driver to come here." Just as I finished my sentence a man walked up to us.

"Hey Barry! Who is your friend here?" The man asked.

"Oh uh, Joe this is Leah. Leah this is Joe!" Barry said to the two of us.

"Hello," I said politely, "nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too!" Joe answered back.

"We were just discussing where she was staying tonight." Barry cut in.

"Yes, I am new to the area. Just spaced it, I suppose." I answered. I hate making myself sound stupid.

"Well, Leah you are more that welcome to come home with me and Barry. I'm sure my daughter won't mind." Joe offered.

"Yeah you could stay in the guest room!" Barry added.

"No, no. I would hate to intrude." I said.

"Honestly, it's no trouble. Joe took me in when I was 11." Barry exclaimed.

"Thank you. Very much." I said.

"Just let us get our things and we will be out!" Joe said.

Barry's POV

Okay. I'm really starting to worry about Leah. Who moves to a new place with absolutely NOTHING? It just seems a bit fishy to me. I am glad Joe offered her a place to stay though. Then she won't have to sleep on the streets.

She is a brave one though! Risking her life for that waitress earlier? I really need to learn more about her.

"So, Barry. He took you in?" Leah asked.

"Yeah. When I was 11 my mother was murdered. My father was framed. There was this lightning surrounding him. In the Lightning there was a man. Nobody ever believes me though." I said and lowered my head.

"I believe you..." 

"They think I was a little boy trying to protect his father"

"I'm so sorry."

I realized that I was pouting and quickly looked back up. Leah had a caring twinkle in her eye. "You said you don't have family. What do you mean?" I asked curiously

"I never new my parents... I grew up on the army base" she answered.

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. You get used to it."

Just then, Joe came back with his stuff.

"Ready?" He asked

"Yep!" Me and Leah answered at the same time.

"Alright. Let's go."

***

When we first walked in, a gust of cold air hit my face. It was so nice to be back. I had moved back with Joe last month.

"Let me take you up to your room," I said. She nodded and I started to walk up the stairs.

-----------------------

I'm sorry this episode wasn't very long. I am having a lot of writers block!

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes!

-Amber G.