Part 17

- After school -

"Hey." Zay came to me after school. I was sitting on the bleachers waiting for Thor. He insisted on giving me a ride home.

"Oh, hey."

"Waiting for the hulk?" Zay smirked at me.

"He's not a hulk."

"Do you see how big he is? Why do people call him Thor and not Hulk?"

"Cause he's not green?" I laughed.

"Wow."

"What?"

"He did something good huh? Talking about him actually makes you laugh. A real laugh, which I haven't seen for quite a while now."

"He showed me that he cared. And that no matter what, I can count on him. Right now that's all I need."

"Can I ask you something? Promise me you won't punch me if I ask."

"I can't promise that."

"Well I'm gonna ask anyway. You like Lucas. Why did you quit the triangle?"

And my heart dropped.

"You like him, Maya. I know you do."

"How... "

"The way you look at him. And more importantly, how you ran away after seeing him with your best friend."

"You're wro.."

"No, I'm right." He cut me off. "You know that."

"Don't tell anyone." I said after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence. "Please."

"Well, I don't think Thor is a bad guy, Maya. But maybe you shouldn't use him as a rebound."

"WHAT?"

Zay jumped a bit with his hand trying to get a hold of his heart.

"Thor and I. We're nothing like that!"

"You spend a lot of time with him lately."

"Yeah. Because I need a friend. And he's there for me."

"But, you two are not.."

"No! Are you insane?"

"Well, he put his hand on your head, and your shoulder and now you're waiting for him."

"Yeah. He think it's not safe for me to go home alone. He insist on giving me a ride home."

"When did you two start being friends anyway?"

"Since I quit the triangle. He found me right over there." I pointed at the corner. "I was.. well.. not exactly okay with Lucas and Riley thing. He found me sitting there alone and he offered to drive me home. I said yes and we became best friends ever since. The end."

"But the story isn't over yet, Maya."

"Why are you here? You haven't exactly say anything about this and now you can't seem to stop talking."

"Hey, I'm all for you and Lucas. You ruined my dream." Zay glared at me.

"Geez. Get a life."