Part 18

"Okay, so this is insane. If you like Lucas, then why did you gave him away?"

"He's not some used clothes I can give away for charity. He has a choice. But I know he won't choose. So I made the decision for him. Done."

"You killed me, you know that?"
"What?"

"And you're killing yourself."

"Zay.."

"How'd you feel if you see them walking down the halls together? Holding hands or what if they go on a date?"

"I admit, I'm not okay now. But who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be just fine without Lucas."

"Well that's just wrong."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I'm Maya."

"And what because you're Maya you think you should step back again?" Zay and I jumped.

"Farkle!"

"Where did you?" Zay's even more shocked than I am.

"We've been hiding under the bleachers. We heard everything." Smackle walk to Farkle.

"What?" I sighed and I sat down. I can't feel my legs.

"Maya.."

"NO! You don't say a thing." I stopped Farkle.

"But!"
"NO!" I sighed. "I'm sorry Farkle. You know I love you. But you've said enough about this Riley, me and Lucas thing. It's my turn to say something and I did. And now it's over. Okay? I don't wanna think about this anymore."

"Well, other than that, you actually have one more thing you should be worried about." Smackle looked worried.

"What?"

"Did you notice that Riley hasn't really making any effort to talk to you since your little disagreement?" Zay asked.

"Yeah. And?"

"Aren't you wondering why?" Smackle asked.

"Uh, I kinda think because she's having a great great time with Lucas on Rileytown. You know. Cuddling with unicorns while watching cupid shaped clouds."

"Wow." They stared at me like I'm crazy but a second later they all nod. "Huh." Agreeing with my wildly cute imagination.

"Anyway, Maya. The reason why Riley's not trying to talk to you, is because of the rumors that's been going around. She's kinda pissed that you didn't believe her and choose to believe Thor." Farkle explains with causing my eyebrows furrowed.

"What? What rumors?"
"That you ad Thor are dating and you already.." Smackle stopped without finishing her sentence. She looked at Farkle and Zay.

"Someone saw you two got in to a hotel, Maya." Farkle blurted.

"Oh."

"Oh?" Zay and Farkle almost popped their eyes out.

"What? We did go into a hotel. And Riley's mad at me for that? Why? And if she's mad because of that, then why aren't you guys mad at me too?"

"Well, you're Maya. You got a bad girl stamp on your forehead but I know you're not that kinda girl." Zay said. Smackle nodded and Farkle just stared at me.

"Yeah. I'm not. I know you for what a year and a half? You can tell that I'm not that kinda girl and my best friend who knows me my whole life can't figure that out?"