Part 30

"Maya, why did you quit the triangle?" Riley asked me.

"I don't know."

"Is it because of me?"

"Maybe. I really don't know, Riles. I thought I was doing it for me."

"How is you hurting your own feelings good for you?"

"Because I thought he won't choose. Or he'd choose you. So I quit before he could hurt me. I'm a coward."

"No you're not. Maya, you're a good friend. Always has been."

"I still can't believe he chose me."

"Are you two gonna start dating?"

"I don't know."

"Maya.."

"Riles, I almost broke my self all over again when I quit and I thought you two are dating. How would you feel if I actually date him? I know how much you like him."

"I know how much I like him too. But I also know how much he likes you. More like he loves you."

"Riles..."

"Maya, Uncle Shawn was always thinking about my dad. And what does that get him? Nothing! I want you to stop thinking about me, and start thinking about you."

"Riles, I don't wanna hurt you over some guy."

"But he's not just some guy. I saw the way you look at him, Maya. It's like you can't live without him."

"Wow.. okay that's not.."

"Maya! Just please if you don't want to hurt me then please be honest with your feelings."

"I care about him. A lot. Maybe I even.. love him."

"I know." She smiled at me.

"I can't watch him get hurt. I can't watch him leave me that's why I decided to left first."

"He really likes you too."

"How'd you know? I mean, I know he told you that, but how do we know it's true?"

"The way he lights up everytime he sees you."

"I never notice that."

"Because you light up just as much, Maya."

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay? it's not like I'm gonna just go and date him. But if he and I started dating. Would you be okay?"

"Yeah. I mean, I didn't think I'd be okay with that. But, now I know I'm gonna be okay."

"Why's that?"

"Because I know I deserve someone who'd look at me the way you two look at each other."