Prologue

I was running through a forest. I glanced back to make sure she was still following. She was about 10 feet away from me when she suddenly stopped. I skidded to a stop and looked at her. Why did she stop?

I looked in her eyes and saw horror in them. She then started to scream for me to look behind me. I spun around as fast as I could. Apparently it wasn't fast enough though cause what I heard next scarred me even more. A gun shot hung in the air.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I took deeps breathes. It wasn't a dream nor a nightmare. No. It was worst. Much, much worst. It was an memory. A memory that still haunts me. Even a year after it had happened.

Every night it was the same. Me and Alex would be running in the forest. She would stop and I would turn around only to have her get shot while pushing me out of the way. The bullet hit her in the heart and the killer ran away while I held her body in my arms. She shouldn't have token the shot. I should be the one dead not her. The killer had meant to kill me but missed and killed my sister instead. She shouldn't have died. If it wasn't for me she would be happily living and moving on in her life. Something I couldn't seem to do.

I couldn't stop living in the past. Not when she is dead and her killer is still out there.

After I had told the police what had happened they put me in witness protection program. They changed my name from Alice Green to Rose Amnel. They had me put in blue contacts and put on a wig because I refused to die it. They then made me wear make-up and dresses with high heels. They had even made me move away from home to a boarding school in New York.

Now that I graduated though I can finally leave. I'm not going home though. No, I'm going to do what my sister wanted to do. At least her sister would live out her dreams. She had always wanted to move to London and enter the X-factor. Both of which I already plan to do. I already audition for X-Factor and found a flat in London. Now I just have to go to the airport.